Topic: Gparted doesn't comlete boot.

I've got a new ASUS P4S8000D-X motherboard with a Celeron 2gig chip and 512 g of memory.

I've down loaded the iso several times from different mirrors and it always acts the same with the latest version. It starts up and goes through much of the boot and then stops and I get a black screen on the monitor with the monitor diagnostic box reading "unsupported mode."  Everything is frozen and I have to shut down manually. 

Molly, from the Commonman help site said that she experienced the same thing with the new version.  She said she went back to the  June 06 2.5.2 version and it loaded ok.  I tried that and it worked ok but it didn't have the ntfs functions that I need.  I tried the 3.4.2, 3.4.3, and 3.4.4 and none if them would boot into grub.  They went straight to choice.  I tried several downloads of 3.4.6 and they behaved the same way the latest version did by freezing the computer with black screen.

Could this be a problem with my computer?  I got no help at the Ubuntu forum.

Re: Gparted doesn't comlete boot.

0.2.5-x version are full of bugs !
0.3.4-x versions use grub : you need to hit enter to make it run.

Maybe I could built a version with isolinux boot method too.
I gonna try to see how much work it would be ...

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

3 (edited by class413 2007-06-27 11:08:04)

... waiting the isolinux version, you can try the option "Force VESA Driver" from the initial boot menu in the current version 0.3.4-7 liveCD.
If you boot to a black screen, you can try to press control+alt+backspace, then give the command "enter" and this manner  it could work.

Look at the following thread too:
http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtopic.php?id=687

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

Thanks, Larry and class413. The Force VESA Driver did it.