Topic: resizing, moving empty space

My 500 GB hard drive is divided into 4 partitions, although sda4 is extended into sda5 and sda6. I have a lot of extra space in sda2, which contains Windows10 OS. I want to move that extra space to sda6, which contains my Linux OS and all my files. Using "Partition > Resize/move" feature to shrink sda2, creating un-allocated space, always fails. I save the 'details, but then can't find it regardless of where I save it. Linux Mint 20.3. GParted 1.0.0.  Any advice?

Re: resizing, moving empty space

The default name of the saved file is /root/gparted_details.htm.

If you are running the GParted application from your Linux Mint distribution the file will still be there on your hard drive.  Otherwise if you are booting GParted Live distribution to run the GParted application then the file only lasts until you shutdown GParted Live distribution.

Thank you mfleetwo for your reply months ago. Wife's health issues prevented me from replying until now. Again, I want to move some free space from one sda2, which contains Windows10 OS  to sda6, which contains my Linux Mint OS and all my files. Using "Partition > Resize/move" feature to shrink sda2, creating un-allocated space, always fails. Now I can find the details files from those attempts (gparted_details.htm), but I don't know how to open the file, or what to do with it when I open it...or how to attach it to this message for someone else to assist me. Any advice? Thank you very much. 'Eager to learn.

The GParted details file is just a HTML file (hence the .htm extension) so open it in a web browser, or even a text editor.  Just copy the text and add it into a new message in this thread.

This is an example thread where the user pasted the raw HTML.
http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtop … 247#p36247

This is an example thread where the used pasted the text either directly from GParted or afterwards using a web browser.
http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtop … 178#p36178