1 (edited by 17matus 2020-01-10 10:10:10)

Topic: [SOLVED]Live USB Gparted boot glitched screen

Hey guys!

We came across a problem when trying to boot gparted live usb and I hope you guys can help us.

PC specs: Asus prime X570-P, 2x8 GB DDR4, Nvidia RTX 2080 Super, Ryzen 3700X, Seasonic focus plus gold 650W

The problem is that when booting the gparted the first screen with menu looks completely normal but as soon as trying to start gparted the screen glitches and the showed data is unreadable. I am attaching images for clarification https://imgur.com/a/qUNlLBd

We tried updating bios, different usb sticks, creating live usb with rufus and unetbootin, different monitors, different cables hdmi/dp, different versions of gparted, different usb ports, reseating ram sticks, failsafe mode but without any success. Other programs such as windows live usb or memtest86 starts without any problems. What should we try next?

Thanks for any suggestions

Re: [SOLVED]Live USB Gparted boot glitched screen

Which version of GParted Live did you try (the latest is 1.0.0-5)?

You might also try a different image, such as System Rescue CD.

gedakc wrote:

Which version of GParted Live did you try (the latest is 1.0.0-5)?

You might also try a different image, such as System Rescue CD.

Yes, i tried the latest one the 1.0.0-5 and also the 1.0.0-2? i think it was.

Okay, thanks I will give it a try. But still would be interested in the cause of this problem. Thanks for the reply.

We finally solved the problem. After many tries failsafe mode started to communicate with us and reported the startup error -22 (no msi-x/msi found).

The solution was to tweak some settings in bios. I cant say the correct one because we switched a lot of things on/off multiple times.

If you find yourself in this situation make sure the secure boot is off, fastboot is off, clear boot keys, legacy support on. These are some of the settings that probably helped in booting the gparted correctly!

Thank you for reporting the solution you found for the problem. It can be helpful for other forum readers facing this kind of problem.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

As the problem isn't the same, I'll move the related topics to a new thread.
The new thread is:
http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtopic.php?id=17892

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***