1 (edited by pr0fessor 2019-09-03 08:19:10)

Topic: hd dpi displays

on tv/monitor with 1920x1080 and more, no readable labels and text (they are very small for reading) except in lxterminal.
i manage to change dpi with this:

/root/.Xresources
Xft.dpi: 112

but only for root, not for user account
when manually created
/home/user/
created .Xresources with Xft.dpi: 112 inside
created hddpi.squashgfs, and copyed into /live folder. after boot i checked - it exist in /home/user/.Xresources but not worked (it seems that file is not readed or is extracted after xorg is loaded, or user have not permissions for reading)...
when create same think for root and in syslinux replace "user" with "root" the resolution and text are correct, but icons missing... only taskbar with clock (readable) and desktops...
sorry for my poor english

Re: hd dpi displays

I use a 4k smart TV as my monitor (it's worst if you leave it alone) - I would suggest, not trying to mess with the DPI on GPL, instead, just use a lower resolution display setting - I personally user 1280x1024

There is an icon on the desktop to change the screen resolution (the GParted program covers it but just drag that down and you will see it, well at least if you are on top of the screen smile ...)

If you want to set it automatically, you will have to unpack and re-pack filesystem.squashfs, but I posted a script some time ago that will do that. -

http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtopic.php?id=17773