1 (edited by MozillaUser1111 2014-04-24 02:39:27)

Topic: [SOLVED]dm-raid45 not found - modules.dep

Not sure if gparted does not support raid, if it does not, please forgive me making a thread.

dm-raid45 not found - modules.dep

I am using raid1 with two hdd's.

upon booting up with gparted-live-0.18.0-2-amd64.iso USB made by unetbootin

I get dm-raid45 not found - modules.dep

Also

Then the following, it boots up into gparted, I get a couple screen boxes popping up warning about gpt partition not at end of table asking [fix] [cancel] [ignore]

Re: [SOLVED]dm-raid45 not found - modules.dep

I still get the error on gparted-live-0.18.0-1-amd64.iso, but gparted-live-0.18.0-1-amd64.iso picks up my raid1 array.

Iffy if solved.

Thank you for your perseverance and reporting the missing module problem.  My assumption is that the module is for a specific type of RAID and hence will not invalidate support for all types of RAID.  I will pass this along to our Live image maintainer.

My testing with GParted confirms that recent releases do support my Intel Software RAID.

gedakc wrote:

Thank you for your perseverance and reporting the missing module problem.  My assumption is that the module is for a specific type of RAID and hence will not invalidate support for all types of RAID.  I will pass this along to our Live image maintainer.

My testing with GParted confirms that recent releases do support my Intel Software RAID.

Ok cool, if you need absolutely any more info just ask, I will supply it. Drivers, boards, hdd's, ect ect ect.

I really appreciate your time and effort for replying and helping.

5 (edited by MozillaUser1111 2014-04-21 18:34:53)

gparted-live-0.18.0-2-AMD64.iso Works not like what I mentioned above.

Ok, it does pick up the raid. I had to hit Ignore for the move gpt thing tho end of hdd. I don't know what this thing is about. It makes me kinda upset gotta repeatedly hit ignore every new scan several times.

But it still throws the title of OP error on bootup, several times.

Also this is a live media, so may you move this thread in the proper section, it was my fault not reading closely.

Motherboard: ASRock Z75 Pro3
CPU:i3-2100

INTEL RAID ARRAY VOLUME0
Intel raid1 from the Z75 chipset @ 250GB
HDD0: Drive Model: Hitachi HTS545025B9A300 5400 RPM Drive Capacity:  238,475 MBytes (250 GB)
HDD1: Drive Model: TOSHIBA MQ01ABD075 5400 RPM Drive Capacity:  715,404 MBytes (750 GB)

Raid card is in a PCIe 2.0 x16 slot @ full x16, not 8,4 or 2 but runs at the full x16 bandwidth.
MARVELL Raid VD HYPERDUO VOLUME1
Vantec UGT-ST644R with HyperDuo, Marvell 88SE9230 SATA 6Gb/s Controller
HyperDuo Array:
HDD0: Maxtor 158gig
SSD0: vertex 55.5
Hyperduoe puts it at roughly around 213 GB.

If anything else is needed I'll supply it.

Thank you for reporting back that the gparted-live-0.18.0-2-AMD64.iso boots up and recognizes your RAID.

Regarding the "move GPT" message, if the backup GPT is not at the end of the drive then the message regarding this problem will display until the problem is resolved.  This message originates with the libparted library that is part of the command line utility parted.  This situation can happen if the RAID contents, including partition table details, were copied from a smaller drive/RAID setup, or if the RAID was grown to be larger.

I believe that gdisk can also check for this discrepancy if you try running gdisk from the command line.

Before fixing the problem, I would recommend backing up all of your data in case anything goes wrong.  This advice applies for all partition editing.

"dm-raid45" is actually a module in older Linux kernel, and it's not use in 3.13 anymore.
I will update the initrd to fix this error. However, this error could be ignored and your RAID support program should be nothing to do with that.

Steven.

gedakc wrote:

Thank you for reporting back that the gparted-live-0.18.0-2-AMD64.iso boots up and recognizes your RAID.

Regarding the "move GPT" message, if the backup GPT is not at the end of the drive then the message regarding this problem will display until the problem is resolved.  This message originates with the libparted library that is part of the command line utility parted.  This situation can happen if the RAID contents, including partition table details, were copied from a smaller drive/RAID setup, or if the RAID was grown to be larger.

I believe that gdisk can also check for this discrepancy if you try running gdisk from the command line.

Before fixing the problem, I would recommend backing up all of your data in case anything goes wrong.  This advice applies for all partition editing.

No problem at all.

Pressing fix broke my intel raid apart. I still have my data. I now need to borrow a 1TB hdd from family member, copy all files to it, recreate the raid1 and copy the files back over. It's like gparted wiped what ever data is kept on the hdd's to keep raid1. Non-Member raid.

I really don't know what to do but just keep ignoring it anytime I use gparted. I'm not mad but it is irritating. I was using an old veion of gparted a while back before I made this thread and it worked just fine, nothing like the fix/cancel/ignore gpt thing. And I don't know what version it was or I'd go back sad.

stevenshiau wrote:

"dm-raid45" is actually a module in older Linux kernel, and it's not use in 3.13 anymore.
I will update the initrd to fix this error. However, this error could be ignored and your RAID support program should be nothing to do with that.

Steven.

Thanks, Steven.

MozillaUser1111 wrote:
gedakc wrote:

No problem at all.

Pressing fix broke my intel raid apart. I still have my data. I now need to borrow a 1TB hdd from family member, copy all files to it, recreate the raid1 and copy the files back over. It's like gparted wiped what ever data is kept on the hdd's to keep raid1. Non-Member raid.

I really don't know what to do but just keep ignoring it anytime I use gparted. I'm not mad but it is irritating. I was using an old veion of gparted a while back before I made this thread and it worked just fine, nothing like the fix/cancel/ignore gpt thing. And I don't know what version it was or I'd go back sad.

No biggie, I fixed the problem. Yay. After I created the new raid array 1, I went into gparted and let gparted create the gpt table system rather windows7. Then created ntfs partition. closed the gparted program "not the live media" opened gparted backup, it scanned the raid1 and I got no problems.

I would highly suggest for ppl building gpt table system to do it through gparted and not through windows7 disk management or they might run into this problem.

I will mark the thread SOLVED as one problem is no biggie "title of thread" and the gpt thing is fixed.

Thanks guys for all the help!

I have filed a bug report on our upstream:
http://bugs.debian.org/745697

Steven.

stevenshiau wrote:

I have filed a bug report on our upstream:
http://bugs.debian.org/745697

Steven.

Oh cool. Takes time and effort to file bugs. Thanks, Steven. I was unaware I found a bug! Cool.

O.T.
I'd like to be a tester but I think the stable version is newer than the test version, is this true?

MozillaUser1111 wrote:

I'd like to be a tester but I think the stable version is newer than the test version, is this true?

When Steven creates a GParted Live image, it is first placed in the testing directory. Some of these images undergo more extensive testing.  If the image passes testing on several computers, then we migrate the image from testing to the stable directory.  For this reason you will sometimes see a newer stable version than the version still existing in the test directory.

Any testing you perform can be useful.  If you find a problem, it can help to scan through existing bug reports before logging a new bug report.  Of course you can always mention the problem in the forum first.  This gives us a chance to investigate to see if the problem is a bug with GParted, GParted Live, or some other component of GNU/Linux.