Topic: mkfs.ext3 Command

After booting the Gparted LiveCD I ran the fdisk command. Following which I partioned three drives from hdd, three primary partions. Currently I am running the terminal interface, not the GUI. I do not know to start the GUI interface, but that's not the problem. The problem is that when I type mkfs.ext3 /dev/hdd1 the help menu appears, which is rather annoying. How do I bypass this issue?

Re: mkfs.ext3 Command

kamikosis, you download the GPARTED livecd and then use fdisk and other CLI tools to partition your disk?

furthermore, even if this is still worthy of a topic it belongs in the livecd section.

Kamikosis wrote:

<snip> I do not know to start the GUI interface<snip>

It should start automatically. Also there is a huge button called 'GParted' on the taskbar tongue

what version of the livecd do you use?

Not sure, there's no GUI at all. It's all terminal. I just want Gparted to partion the drives for Wolvix.

the Mkfs.ext3 command doesn't work though. The help menu command just comes up.

please tell us which version you use. If you really don't see any gui (does x start at all?) then you've probably found a bug.

Kamikosis, i think you just have a problem with video card !
When booting the live cd, choose to load video card modules before going ahead. Then choose your video card, and i think you will get gui ... smile

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)