1 (edited by brandon 2007-05-21 08:10:49)

Topic: An issue with gparted LiveCD 0.3.4-7

I am having an issue with the ForceVesa option in the newest Gparted LiveCD. On 0.3.4-6, when I ran Forcevesa from the selection screen, I was entered into a fully functional desktop.

However, on 0.3.4-7, when I run Forcevesa from the selection screen, and everything is done initializing, I get a portion of the gparted window, an x for a cursor instead of an arrow, and the rest of the screen is black. I have to kill X, run the Forcevideo command, and vesa command set to 1024x768 to get it to work again.

If it is requested, I can post a screenshot, but it will be from a cell phone camera, since the buttons are obscured when I run the Forcevesa, so I can't click the screenshot button.

BTW, I love Gparted. It is quite possibly the handiest software I have ever used, especially when I have to reinstall Windows 2000, since it doesn't have a quick format option.

My system specs:

Core 2 e6300
Gigabyte GA-965P-S3
1x 160GB HD, 1x 250GB HD: Both HDs are SATA
ATI Radeon X1900XT
2GB of DDR2-800 RAM

2 (edited by superfd 2007-06-17 16:48:08)

Re: An issue with gparted LiveCD 0.3.4-7

Pretty same problem.
Could it be a problem with ati radeon cards ?

Core 2 duo e6300
asus p5b-e
1GB DDR2-800
ATI radeon X195O PRO

brandon wrote:

I am having an issue with the ForceVesa option in the newest Gparted LiveCD. On 0.3.4-6, when I ran Forcevesa from the selection screen, I was entered into a fully functional desktop.

However, on 0.3.4-7, when I run Forcevesa from the selection screen, and everything is done initializing, I get a portion of the gparted window, an x for a cursor instead of an arrow, and the rest of the screen is black. I have to kill X, run the Forcevideo command, and vesa command set to 1024x768 to get it to work again.

If it is requested, I can post a screenshot, but it will be from a cell phone camera, since the buttons are obscured when I run the Forcevesa, so I can't click the screenshot button.

BTW, I love Gparted. It is quite possibly the handiest software I have ever used, especially when I have to reinstall Windows 2000, since it doesn't have a quick format option.

My system specs:

Core 2 e6300
Gigabyte GA-965P-S3
1x 160GB HD, 1x 250GB HD: Both HDs are SATA
ATI Radeon X1900XT
2GB of DDR2-800 RAM

Are you able to post or sent by mail or even file bug, with as much as info as you can ?

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

I think it is the problem I reported in the following link:
http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtopic.php?id=687

I can reproduce this problem easily, because it happens every time I boot the livecd.
My processor is core2 too, the E6600 model.
M/B Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi (with !ntel 965 chipset), 2GB RAM, Seagate 320 H/D.
Graphics card: Albatros /NVIDIA 7600 GS (256MB)

In the link above, you can read the solution I found. I do it every time I boot the Livecd on this computer.
I don't know if it has to do with the processor, the chipset or the graphics card, but I'm afraid my choice of intel was very bad sad

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

could you please make a test without the docache option ?
Edit the first line and remove the "docache" option.

Does it make any change ?

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)