Topic: Fatal Error: No Screens Found

Okay the deal is that i am trying to make a windows partition, around 20GB (for xp now, and vista when SP! comes out). I burned the ISO to a CD with Alex Feinman's ISO Recorder (which by default makes it a boot-able CD). When i Load it up it appears to be fine, and i choose the first option (where i choose not to load extra drivers/modules etc etc). It is all fine until i get past the screen that asks me to select my Resolution (doesn't matter which i select as it has the same error), Then it fatal errors, saying there is "No Screens Found".

At first i thought it might just be that it wasn't finding my GPU, so i try again and in the first screen i enabled then menu where it lets me select the type of video card i have. I selected the one for the ATI radeon cards, but still the error persisted.

My System Specs are:
CPU: AMD 3800+ x2
Mobo: Gigabyte K8 Triton (GA-K8NF-9) - a nForce4 based chipset
RAM: OCZ Premium DDR, 1GB
GPU: MSI x1600pro
Screen: 24" Diamond View CRT

Just wondering if you guys had any suggestions, i'll keep tinkering around to see if i can fluke a solution tongue

bLAKE

Re: Fatal Error: No Screens Found

Could you please try thez last beta iso, you can find here : http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtopic.php?id=313

thx

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

<bLAKE> wrote:

Okay the deal is that i am trying to make a windows partition, around 20GB (for xp now, and vista when SP! comes out). I burned the ISO to a CD with Alex Feinman's ISO Recorder (which by default makes it a boot-able CD). When i Load it up it appears to be fine, and i choose the first option (where i choose not to load extra drivers/modules etc etc). It is all fine until i get past the screen that asks me to select my Resolution (doesn't matter which i select as it has the same error), Then it fatal errors, saying there is "No Screens Found".

At first i thought it might just be that it wasn't finding my GPU, so i try again and in the first screen i enabled then menu where it lets me select the type of video card i have. I selected the one for the ATI radeon cards, but still the error persisted.

My System Specs are:
CPU: AMD 3800+ x2
Mobo: Gigabyte K8 Triton (GA-K8NF-9) - a nForce4 based chipset
RAM: OCZ Premium DDR, 1GB
GPU: MSI x1600pro
Screen: 24" Diamond View CRT

Just wondering if you guys had any suggestions, i'll keep tinkering around to see if i can fluke a solution tongue

bLAKE

Had the same problem this guy here with my X1900 but latest beta solved it, thanks! smile

Well i am about to release 0.3.3-5 because video problem has been fixed.
0.3.3-6 comes soon !

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

LarryT wrote:

Well i am about to release 0.3.3-5 because video problem has been fixed.
0.3.3-6 comes soon !

Thanks for the info! smile