Yes , I already red the Appendix.
1. should not be the problem as I get the gparted starting menu (blue CD-Rom Background)
2. I tried both , go to black screen
- vga = normal - ends with the mode selection to start X, 0 brings black screen
- Failsafe - ends with the mode selection to start X, 0 brings black screen
only difference between the two modes , in vga=normal I get a smaller font then in failsafe
3. Forcevideo: I selected smallest resolution, lowest colour depth , vesa as I have VGA graphics
-> Black screen
4. I do not know where to enter these settings using the TAB key
5. I don't have an IBM,
it's a VIA EPIA EX board, HERE you may find the Datasheet of the board, maybe you may find some info there, I do not realy know what to search for.
There's no extra graphics card plugged into the board.
gparted live version 0.21.0-1-i686-pae
Thank you very much for you help.