Topic: warning list after changes

hi,

i just used the 0.3.1-1 live cd to move and resize a extendet partition together with moving/resizing some logical partitions (swap, ext3) within at the same time. gparted worked quite well, and  the owning linux system booted flawlessly.

just one minor issue i want to tell. after changes in gparted were finished, it said something about 2 warnings. as i couldn't see any dialogue indicating those warnings, and all the partitions where not marked/flagged any special, and i was too lazy to browse manually throug all partitions, i closed the change-result dialog to search in gparted for some other dialog/log telling me what this warnings have been about.  found out this was not possible, i better should have browsed each partition result right away.

kind of list or log to review what happened would be nice.  or some "highlighting"  in the finish-dialogue. this doesn't exist currently, does it?

gerhard

Re: warning list after changes

geko,
didnt you see the invitation to save the details file of the operation ?????????????????????
(just cant belive it :-p)

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

warnings usually mean nothing, so nothing to worry about. but i cannot  believe you didn't notice the 'save details' button. It's sitting next to the closebutton.

Larry is right, it is unbelievable

ouch...

no, didnt see this. maybe it was too late at last night. let me see.....  no, can't reproduce this right now. i'll wacht out for next warnings....

tnx

oh i know what it was, during resizing/moving swap you got a warning that there's no way to check the filesystem integrity. This doesn't matter for swap, so don't worry smile

plors I think it would be best if you made the save details button really big. I seen some other gtk apps doing this like gtkam. Maybe you should even make a box pop-up asking to save the details if an error is detected. Your not dealing with just geeks anymore. wink

yep, i think the popup is a good idea, but it feels so stupid hmm