1 (edited by alecjw 2010-07-21 00:27:52)

Topic: [closed] 2 requests

[deleted]

Re: [closed] 2 requests

we could also add some movieplayers with a default collection of popular movies to make the waiting less tedious.

3 (edited by alecjw 2010-07-21 00:27:26)

[deleted]

alecjw ... heu, well i dont know, but , ... plors was jocking :-/
it is possible to add special features like backup tools maybe or things like that, but surely not other things ...
Hope you will understand smile

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

5 (edited by alecjw 2010-07-21 00:27:38)

[deleted]

ok, this time without the jokes.
The primary purpose of this livecd is to offer the latest gparted with full functionality in a convenient and reliable way. After much deliberation we decided to add a few related programs like Testdisk.

There is simply NO WAY we're going to add games, mediaplayers or whatever. I suggest you start looking in other livecd's for that kind of stuff.

7 (edited by Herman 2007-07-22 12:03:40)

I agree with plors, it's best to keep GParted LiveCD small so people can download it easier also fit it onto small sized media if they want to. GParted LiveCD is great! smile

If you want to make your own bootable CD or DVD with GParted LiveCD on it plus any more Live operating  systems that you like, you can do that yourself by starting with a Super Grub Disk, then adding GParted LiveCD and then other Linux distros. (Puppy Linux).
I wrote the following how-to for doing that.
http://users.bigpond.net.au/hermanzone/ … iskGParted

Now you can have Super Grub Disk, GParted LiveCD and Puppy Linux and maybe another small Linux Live distro or two all on one CD. More if you use a DVD. That means you can have fewer CDs to carry around with you if you travel, or you can have a tidier office or room. You can do everything with one CD or DVD, fix your friend's computer, even watch movies too, if you want. smile

Have fun, Regards, Herman

EDIT: I updated the how-to in that link on Saturday, July 21 2007. It's now easier too. smile