Topic: Live CD scans but never detects.....

....any devices, just keeps scanning. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

TIA

Re: Live CD scans but never detects.....

I'm going to just start deleting threads like this without warning.

pff, indeed. Are we supposed to guess your hardware, version of gparted etc etc? smile

try starting gparted from a terminal like 'gparted <device>' to see which device is actually stalling the process. Also, keep in mind that large filesystem containing lots of data usually slow down the process of scanning considerably.

4 (edited by tonyutada 2006-09-19 08:42:43)

I have the same problem. After starting up, the live gparted can't decect my hard disk, no device found in the GUI. I don't know why?

I am using scsi hard disk

this is not helping guys...
tonyutada, why didn't you try the advice i gave in my previous post, which version did you use, etc etc...

Hey plors, I bet it's that one thing in that one version of that one program. You know what I mean, right? smile

yep, i now realize that too!
Guys, the solution is somewhere on that specific page on the world wide web, glad we could be of assistance smile

of course we are kidding, but you have to realize that what you are giving us is not helping either. If we knew about a widespread problem with detection of hardware, we would not do a release. This means you are 1 in 10000 (or more) so we need specific details.
Version numbers and hardwarespecs always help. Also it's quite important to do what we ask to gain more info about the situation. (e.g. the 'start gparted like 'gparted <devicename>' to find which device causes problems)

thanks!

Hi everyone, I've just joined.

Can anyone help?, - the scan does NOT detect my external (USB connected) hard drive (250GB) - is there something I'm doing wrong? My internal hard drives ARE detected however.

you are joking right?
if you are not i suggest you read the topic first and then especially my previous post.

Ok, I understand.
So here it is :
External drive = Conceptronics Grab n Go USB 2.0 Hard disk 250GB, actually contains a Western Digital WDC WD2500JB-00GVC0 USB DEVICE. Computer = a very recent Compaq Presario Pent D 930 with 2 GB DDR2 mem, and 2 X Sata 200 GB drives (Seagate). Video card= ATI Radeon X1300 with 256MB video mem,

Gparted Live CD Version 0.3.1-1 downloaded on 18th Sept last, as ISO image, and written on CD .
If you need any more info , please ask.

thanks!
did you try starting gparted from a terminal as i suggested?
Also, what's the output of 'cat /proc/partitions' ?

patrick, are there any known issues with usbdevices?

it works for me, upto 160 go (external usb hd)

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)