1 (edited by zeromaster 2008-07-13 20:13:14)

Topic: can't find gparted instal file

i downloaded the file but what do i do with it? i can't open it, do i need a certain program to open it? is there zip/rar/torrent download of it? because that would've been a better choice to use

Re: can't find gparted instal file

The main download page is sourceforge, from the Gparted site:
http://gparted.sf.net/

"GParted" files are just source code, no executables to install.
Installable versions for Linux can be found on the various distro repositories. The software doesn't run under mswindows.
The easiest is to use the livecd that works on (almost) any computer. For this, you have to download the ISO file and burn it on CD as "ISO image", not just as data cd.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

I may be in the wrong web site.I was searching for (sudo gedit/etc/X11/xorg.conf Devices
section for the touchpad:I wanted to change the "Max Tap Time to 0"(I am having Tap & Scroll
problems and I want to disactivate them).
I can not get back to that thread since I registered.What do I need to do?(I am fairly new and
inexperienced on computers).
My e-mail is:dad75go@yahoo.com     I would appreciate any help!

dui7DAD wrote:

I may be in the wrong web site.I was searching for (sudo gedit/etc/X11/xorg.conf Devices
section for the touchpad:I wanted to change the "Max Tap Time to 0"(I am having Tap & Scroll
problems and I want to disactivate them).
I can not get back to that thread since I registered.What do I need to do?(I am fairly new and
inexperienced on computers).
My e-mail is:dad75go@yahoo.com     I would appreciate any help!

This site has nothing to do with the problem you describe. GParted is a drive partitioning software. You have to search in any Linux forum. A big one is
linuxquestions.org

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***