Topic: Boot problem

I'm trying to boot a Dell Optiplex 320 (got it about 3 weeks ago) with the livecd (v0.3.4-8) and I'm unable to get very far. I get to the Gnome Partion Editor menu and select the first choice. Next, I get the following error:

Booting Gparted-liveCD 0.4.4-8 (auto configuration)
kernel /boot/gparted root=/dev/ram0 init=linuxrc real_root=/dev/loop0 looptype=squashfs loop=gparted.dat udev dokeymap scandelay=6 cdroot dodmraid nosound docache
[Linux-bzImage, setup=0x1e000, size=0x2d34d0]

The hardware is as follows:
Intel EM64T 1.6ghz dual core
Bios: v1.1.9
Ram: 1gb ddr2 sdram, 667mhz
Hd: WDC WD800jd-75msa3, 80gb, SATA-0
Cdrw: TSSTcorp CD-RW/DVD-ROM TS-h493b, SATA-1
Video: ATI Radeon Xpress 1100
NIC: Broadcom 440x 10/100 integrated
1 FAT partition (with the Dell diagnostic stuff)
1 NTFS partition (with WinXP)

I burned the ISO twice thinking I had a bad burn the first time. No dice, same error. I tried the various options from the boot menu, but they all yield the same error. I downloaded and burned v0.3.4-7 and tried the various options there but I still get the same error.

Any suggestions on why this is happening?

Re: Boot problem

v0.3.4-7 is much simiral to v0.3.4-8.
Go rather to v0.3.4-5 or 0.3.4-2. v0.3.4-5 boots easier on my own computer too (intel dual core processor with intel chipeset). I do my tries on a cdrw, to not burn too many cdrs.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

Thanks for the reply. I'll give the older versions a try to see what happens.

I tried v0.3.4-5 and I still got the same error pretty much. The only difference was in the last line. Now it reads:
[Linux-bzImage, setup=0x1e00, size=0x2e50f0]

I'm starting to think that burning a lower version will likely yield the same result. Any other suggestions?

Can you try partedmagic? It uses Gparted but runs a newer Linux Kernel  and boots using another software.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

Parted Magic worked perfectly!! Thanks for the tip.

There is just (since the 18th October) the newer Gparted livecd version 0.3.4-9, with a newer Linux kernel.