Topic: Booting an image

I am not sure that I have posted this in the proper place but here it is now. First, I express gratitude again for g-parted; it continues to work excellent. I even used it to enlarge a UFS partition on Open Solaris. So it works very well.

Here is my scenario, I am a fan of Menuet 0S, but tire of booting it from the floppy or cd. I want so desperately to install it upon my hdd and have Grub list it with my other OS in my list of choices.

I know how to edit grub in OpenSolaris and allow it to boot other OS's, BUT I am bafflled on how to transfer the MenuetOS image from floppy or cd, to the hdd; with out an installer.

I am tempted to try to DD from the grub command line to the fat32 slice (MenuetOS requires a Fat32 slice.) but I don't know if Grub uses DD. If you don't know about Menuet, it comes as a floppy image that you use rawrite2 & install.bat to boot off floppy, or burn to cd that you make bootable.

Ideally, my Grub boot window would display like so:

OpenSolaris Community Edition
Open Solaris (Safemode)
Solaris 10
Menuet 64
windows xp

Please advise,
chooch

Re: Booting an image

So now I think I can use Grub to chainload Menuet, like so:

title Menuet 64
chainloader +2

The dilemma I face is Menuet has no hd installer. It will boot off the cd and floppy just fine, I can get to the image. I just don't know how to place the image upon the hdd in order to have Grub boot it. Any advice would be helpful.

thanx,
chooch