Topic: CD boots to GRUB

Any one tell me how to get gpart booted from the grub command line. When I boot of the cd it goes straight to the grub command line.

Re: CD boots to GRUB

hit "enter" on the first highlighted line...

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

Back to leguvan's post...   how do you get to the GUI when you are at the "GRUB>" prompt.

Pressing enter goes no where.

Do you mean that you can't see the initial screen with the boot options?

Can you give more details about your system (motherboard, chipset, RAM, graphics card, drives) please?

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

5 (edited by orion456 2007-08-08 05:02:52)

This is where I want to rant and rave about Linix and its absolute cryptic list of commands that have no relation to their supposed use.  It reminds me of the old CP/M days where you had to PIP and POP everything...grrrr. 

But I will restrain myself and simply repeat the question above.  I burned the .iso image and it boots into the command line and sits there doing nothing.  Is there some aversion to actually automating something in Linix (oops there I go again).

I have a winxp pro setup with a Raid drive.
motherboard, chipset, RAM, graphics card, drives = asus p5k deluxe, 2 gigs of crucial ram, intel matrix raid drive.