Topic: G-Parted Live 1.5.0-1 won't complete bootup.

Hello all,

I've just joined the forum on the advice of Curtis.

My problem is that after mounting version 1.5.0-1 as usual to a USB stick, it boots as normal to the language page.

I select '02' for GB press enter a couple times, then just a flashing curser, tried it several times but I cannot get past the flashing curser.

I've used virtually all the previous versions with no problems at all.

Am I doing something wrong with this version.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bernardw47

Re: G-Parted Live 1.5.0-1 won't complete bootup.

To check if the problem is related to the GB option, does it boot properly if you use only the default settings?

3 (edited by bernardw47 2023-03-04 03:06:50)

Thanks for the reply Curtis,

I tried not selecting 02, by just pressing enter at the selection points, but it still hung at the last curser.

So I mounted 1.4.0-6 and tried again using the same procedure(not selecting language), and this time it went to the formatting window.

When mounting the ISO with Rufus it downloaded some extra Linus files, and it also allowed to either mount by GPT or MBR, I chose MBR (Large-fat32(default)) for both mountings.

It's not a massive problem for me, but I've always liked to try-out your latest versions, I have several sub terabyte SSDs I like use various versions of Win11 on.

I guess I'll have to continue with 1.4.0-6, it works excellently, thanks again.

bernardw47

One other thought is to compare the CHECKSUMS of the downloaded file to that on the website be sure there was no corruption.

5 (edited by bernardw47 2023-03-06 19:19:38)

I downloaded it twice, both sizes agreed, and I used the second download to try again, with no luck, thanks anyway.

There is a new GParted Live 1.5.0-2 image in the testing directory if you have a chance to test.