1 (edited by rodriguezbrown 2022-07-01 18:22:55)

Topic: Is it possible to support Webdav/Ftp/IPFS/Hypercore within Gparted?

1. Context

1. What is Webdav Protocol?
WebDAV (Web Distributed Authoring and Versioning) is a set of extensions to the Hypertext Transfer Protocol (HTTP), which allows user agents to collaboratively author contents directly in an HTTP web server by providing facilities for concurrency control and namespace operations, thus allowing Web to be viewed as a writeable, collaborative medium and not just a read-only medium.[1] WebDAV is defined in RFC 4918 by a working group of the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF).[2]

2.What is FTP (File Transfer Protocol)?
FTP (File Transfer Protocol) is a network protocol for transmitting files between computers over Transmission Control Protocol/Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) connections. Within the TCP/IP suite, FTP is considered an application layer protocol.

3. What is IPFS Protocol?
IPFS is a distributed system for storing and accessing files, websites, applications, and data.

4. What is Hypercore Protocol?
Hypercore Protocol is a peer-to-peer data network built on the Hypercore logs. Hypercores are signed, append-only logs. They're like lightweight blockchains without the consensus algorithm. As with BitTorrent, as more people "seed" a dataset it will increase the available bandwidth.

2. Why?
1. "Innovative feature"
2. I would like to integrate different protocols for disk partition - This allows, for example, to reserve a space that will be used for the purpose of transferring files or types of files that will be shared.
3. The visual interface of gparted is very interesting, and I thought that by integrating these protocols in Gparted it would be easier to use and reserve spaces
4. This could help these communities: Webdav, Ftp, IPFS, Hypercore - to become popular and more used
5. All the protocols I described are open source which helps the open source community as well
6. A lot of people talk about the future, web 3 - I think gparted could be a promising software with this futuristic idea with integrated IPFS/Hypercore protocols
7.This makes life easier for linux users, as it has protocols like webdav that work in remote clouds, ftp to upload websites and ipfs/hypercore to share files

3. References
1. en . wikipedia .org/wiki/WebDAV
2. www .techtarget .com/searchnetworking/definition/File-Transfer-Protocol-FTP
3. docs .ipfs .io/concepts/what-is-ipfs
4. hypercore-protocol .org

Re: Is it possible to support Webdav/Ftp/IPFS/Hypercore within Gparted?

Having "rclone" might be an answer to this.