1 (edited by agrube2 2022-08-24 09:39:30)

Topic: Moved Partitions show no Effect in Windows 10

After cloning to a bigger ssd, I recently moved a recover-partition with Gparted to the end of the new drive. After this I want to enlarge the C-Partition to its maximum in windows 10 with the MS-tool for this.

But the recover-partition still was shown in the middle of the new drive. At that moment I deleted this partition to get things done in time. Windows now enlarged the C-partition as wanted.

This I don't want to repeat next time. How can I move those partition the way, windows recognizes or accepts this?

Re: Moved Partitions show no Effect in Windows 10

I just tried moving a partition after the C volume in a VM (Virtual Machine) with Windows 10 and it worked successfully.  After rebooting Windows 10 the partition was moved and Windows displayed it as such.

The only thing I can think of so far is that you composed the operations but didn't apply them.  Next time you try this save the details from applying all operations.  When GParted doesn't work provide the saved details here.

mfleetwo wrote:

I just tried moving a partition after the C volume in a VM (Virtual Machine) with Windows 10 and it worked successfully.  After rebooting Windows 10 the partition was moved and Windows displayed it as such.

The only thing I can think of so far is that you composed the operations but didn't apply them.  Next time you try this save the details from applying all operations.  When GParted doesn't work provide the saved details here.

Thank you for your reply.

Of course as an experienced admin for 30 years I also believe in "error by user" first. Specially because I monitored myself several times doing silly things in my life.

But closing this job not only once, but two times without waiting that time this job takes, seems to be not very likely.

But today there is a 256GB M2-Sata to enlarge to 2TB and I will take care specially to apply.
Maybe good old Murphy will let in happen without mistake, but if not, I will take this free AOMEI I have already installed on my - for this yesterday extra activated - PC of victim.

I have prepared it, because I found rhal's post half a year old on the same issue.

Yes of course, this time on that HP convertible x360 no issue like before. Maybe next time. Thank you for your assistance.

this sounds like my problem with fast boot

Re: [SOLVED] gparted win10 i'm missing something!

i went in and disable fast boot, rebooted and there were all the portions i set up with gparted.
i have spent many hours reading, more ms doc, web pages and nothing ever suggested disabling fast boot.