1 (edited by Alex-Tony-Sekares 2021-09-15 14:27:53)

Topic: Disable the automatic execution of gparted at the live media's boot

I want to disable the automatic launching of the gparted application when I use the live media. Is there a way to prevent the live media from autostarting the gparted application? Are there cheat codes (boot parameters) which disable the auto-start of gparted? If not, do you plan to include this feature in the next releases of GParted Live? Thank you for your precious help.

Re: Disable the automatic execution of gparted at the live media's boot

We can try to do that. However, this is "GParted live", so why you need to do so? If you want other purpose, you can try different distributions, like Debian live system...

Steven

Thank you, Mr Steven Shiau, for your reply. I like GParted Live because it is lightweight and fast. GParted Live runs like a charm on my old computers! I remember that the early versions of GParted Live did not launch the gparted application automatically. I wish you could provide us with a boot option which disables the automatic execution of gparted.

Please give testing GParted live 1.3.1-3 a try:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/gparte … e-testing/
By default, GParted will be automatically launched. If you want to skip that, please add "no-gparted-start" in the boot parameters.
Please let us know the results.
Thanks.

Steven