1 (edited by whenimondamic 2007-05-12 19:57:04)

Topic: Resizing main partition

Hi, I'm very new to this GParted stuff, but tried reading into most of it. Anyways this is what my partitions look like

Local Disk  49999MB partition

Data 188466MB partition

How do I make it so that a) this is just one big partition
                                or b) the partitions are Local Disk 1 218000MB,  Data 25000MB

When I attempt to resize the first one it won't work because the maximum size available for it is 49999..  Could someone please give me a hand?

Also had a problem with mouse freezing but noticed the solution in bugs so I'll just plug it into ps/2 port..

Re: Resizing main partition

Still no replies or input?

Yeah I was hoping these forums were a little more active too....

4 (edited by rafman 2007-05-26 23:17:56)

Hi,

Check out the following link:

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/larry/tips/gfs.htm

This means that you can't allocate, unallocated space that is not beside that partition you want to increase in size.

What you have to figure out is how to move the unallocated space from the end of the hard drive for example to just to the right of the Main partition. So what you may end up doing is moving the partitions to the end of the hard drive space, one partition at a time, starting from the last partition so that you can get the unallocated space beside the Main partition.

You can do this by selecting the bottom most partition, hit Resize/Move and use the slider to move it all the way to the right. Hit Apply and that partition will be moved. You may have to wait a while, even an hour, depending on the size of the partition. Repeat this on to the next partition moving up.

Make sense? By the way, this is the first time I used this program and it finally dawned on me after trying to figure it out for 2 hours!

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Raff