1 (edited by jellywish 2020-06-06 04:09:55)

Topic: Unable to boot: Missing Firmware "iwlwifi-cc-a0-50.ucode"

Hello friends,

I'm attempting to build a Hackintosh system as a memento mori, and I need to format a drive partition appropriately to install MacOS. [1] I created a USB-drive with an image of GParted, but when I try to boot from it, I get an error:

sp5100-tco sp5100-tco: Watchdog hardware is disabled
firmware: failed to load iwlwifi-cc-a0-50.ucode (-2)

I was able to find and download a copy of the iwlwifi software on the Intel website but I'm not sure where to put it on the disk, and whether I need to modify any configuration files to get it to load. I would appreciate any guidance you could offer about how to install the appropriate software to the GParted disk so I can partition my primary drive.

I don't know if it makes a difference, but the motherboard the drive is attached to is an MSI MEG x570 ACE.

Thank you.

[1] https://hackintosh-multiboot.gitbook.io … ers-loonix

2 (edited by jellywish 2020-06-06 03:49:03)

Re: Unable to boot: Missing Firmware "iwlwifi-cc-a0-50.ucode"

Apologies for the double-tap, I was able to boot in "GParted Live (Safe graphic settings, vga=normal)" mode. I'm still encountering issues logging in, but I'll ping the thread if I can't resolve them myself. I won't delete the thread so others may be able to find it if they use the search function.

3 (edited by jellywish 2020-06-06 04:08:08)

okay, I take it back. I get stuck on the boot screen and it looks like it's unable to boot into the graphical interface.

I'm selecting "(1) Run 'Forcevideo' to config X manually"

And then no matter which resolution, color-depth and driver set I select, I'm still unable to boot into GParted.

Motherboard: MSI MEG x570 ACE
Graphics Card: Radeon 5700XT
Display: Dell U3818DW

I've attached an image below. Is this something I should seek support for on the X.org site? Thank you!

https://i.imgur.com/Qyq4uNu.jpg

Are you able to boot any other bootable media on this computer, as for instance "Rescue CD" that contains GParted too (among other tools)?

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***