Topic: Lots of booting message errors regarding sr0

When I boot the Live CD I receive lots of booting messages about errors reading sectors from the sr0 device. This, as I understand it, is my actual CD/DVD drive from which I am booting. Eventually GParted Live does come up and I can use it. But I do not understand why the program has so many issues with the CD/DVD drive. I use ImageBurn to burn the .iso image to a CD/DVD and I have ImageBurn doing a verification of the image. So it is not like I am not being careful with the CD/DVD I am using from which I boot the Live CD. Does anybody have any idea why these boot messages are occurring ?

Re: Lots of booting message errors regarding sr0

It is possible that the CD/DVD drive is wearing out.  If the CD/DVD was created on a different device then perhaps the alignment between the two devices differs.

Re: Lots of booting message errors regarding sr0

gedakc wrote:

It is possible that the CD/DVD drive is wearing out.  If the CD/DVD was created on a different device then perhaps the aligment between the two devices differs.

The CD/DVD is created on the same device being used to boot the live media. While the CD/DVD drive could theoretically be wearing out, I tend to doubt it since it is only a few years old and ImageBurn has no problem verifying the integrity of the CD/DVD being created. I admit I am burning the Live Media under Windows 10 and of course I assume the Live Media is booting to a Linux distro, but it is difficult to imagine that the treatment of CD/DVDs under Linux and Windows 10 should differ so drastically. My only thought is that the CD/DVD disc I am using may not be of the very highest quality, as I understand that disc makers can differ dramatically in the quality of the CD/DVDs they produce, but it is not of cheap quality as I usually buy decent CD/DVDs to use. I will try burning on a new CD/DVD rather than reuse an older one and see if that fixes all the error messages regarding sr0.