Re: Development Plans for the Next Release of GParted (1.0.0)
Nothing more from me for GParted 1.0.0.
You are not logged in. Please login or register.
Nothing more from me for GParted 1.0.0.
Yes, I still have 2 patches left that may be included in GParted 1.0.0
A very simple patch still related to #52 which is needed in order to address a change introduced in Gtk 3.22 that breaks the layout of the Partition Info dialog.
A rather large patch to bring back alternate row coloring in the partition list treeview. Unfortunately there is no reliable way to style treeview rows using CSS, so I have worked on a StyledTreeView class that uses custom cell renderers to draw in a theme-compatible way, i.e. with GtkStyleContexts (foreign drawing). This may also be too much complicated so I don't know if it is worth including in GParted.
Thank you Mike and Luca for your feedback. I will hold off on a release for at least the first item in Luca's post. For the second item, if the alternating table color thing is turning out to be way to much work then we probably shouldn't hold up the release for that cosmetic issue.
Hi Curtis and Mike,
I have opened my last Merge Requests for the GParted 1.0.0 release:
They are now ready for review and merge. Thank you!
A patch to address MR!39 - Always request natural size inside Gtk::ScrolledWindows has been committed to the git repository. Thanks to Luca Bacci for this fix.
Patchset MR !40 - Limit wrapping Gtk::Labels has been committed to the git repository. Thanks to Luca Bacci for this fix.
Hi Mike and Luca,
Are there any other changes you would like included with the 1.0.0 release of GParted?
If not then I will start the release process (at least 1 week notice to translators for time to update translations).
All patches from me needed for the GParted 1.0.0 release have been applied. I'm okay with starting the release process.
Because Mike said earlier that he was okay for a new release, I will begin the process soon.
GParted 1.0.0 is planned for release on May 29, 2019.
Please feel free to make suggestions to improve the release notes.
Preliminary Release Notes
This release of GParted includes a significant undertaking to
migrate the code base from gtkmm2 to gtkmm3 (our GTK3 port). Thanks
go to Luca Bacci and Mike Fleetwood for making this happen.
With this major change we bump up the major version number. This
1.0.0 release is not meant to indicate that GParted is more stable
or less stable than before. Instead it means that GParted now
requires gtkmm3 instead of gtkmm2. Note that several other
dependencies have changed as well.
As with our other releases, this one also includes several
enhancements, bug fixes and language translation updates.
### Key changes include:
* Port to Gtkmm 3
* Port to GNOME 3 yelp-tools documentation infrastructure
* Enable online resizing of extended partitions
* Add F2FS support for read disk usage, grow, and check
* Fix slow refreshing of NTFS file systems
* Port to Gtkmm 3 (#7, !9)
* Increase minimums to libparted 2.2 and glibmm 2.32 (!22)
* Enable online resizing of extended partitions (!23)
* Port to GNOME 3 yelp-tools documentation infrastructure (!24)
* Remove support for btrfs-progs < 3.12 (!26)
* Set title of Resize/Move dialog for an extended partition (#44, !28)
* Add F2FS support for read disk usage, grow, and check (!29)
* Replace String::ucompose() with Glibmm equivalent (#46, !31)
* Always show menu images (!32)
* Save partition layout to gparted_details.htm (#639176)
* Could not stat device /dev/mapper/No RAID disks - No such file (#786031)
* File include/Partition.h: performance problem (#788813)
* File include/HBoxOperations.h: performance problem (#788814)
* Display more version and configuration information (!34)
* After GTK3 port icons are too big on KDE (#39, !35)
* Set partition type when clearing partition contents (!36)
* Fix slow refreshing of NTFS file systems (#47, !37)
* Fix minor issues with File System Support rescanning (!38)
* Modern Gtk3 - part 1 (!25)
* Improve partition information mount status formatting (#52)
* Request natural width in Gtk::ScrolledWindows for Gtk >= 3.22 (!39)
* Limit wrapping Gtk::Labels (!40)
Code Credits (EDITED May 23, 2019)
Code enhancements are courtesy of Luca Bacci, Mike Fleetwood, and
be(Yuras Shumovich, Zmicer Turok), eo(Carmen Bianca Bakker),
es(Daniel Mustieles), id(Kukuh Syafaat), ko(Seong-ho Cho),
nl(Nathan Follens), pt_BR(Rafael Fontenelle), ru(Stas Solovey),
sv(Anders Jonsson), vi(Trần Ngọc Quân)
* gtkmm >= 3.4.0
* glibmm >= 2.32
* libparted >= 2.2
Dependencies (no longer needed)