Topic: Can't move/rezise partition on android device (unknown format)

Hello! I'm new in GParted, and I'm far from being an expert on partitions! But I've tried to fix my Pipo W2s tablet which comes as dual Android5/Windows10. After some use I decided to keep Android and erase Windows (many users keep Windows, rather than Android, I know, but I prefer Android in this tablet!).

So I found a perfect way for that, with Live USB GParted, as I learned on YouTube. Averything seems to go fine so far, I've deleted the windows partition, and now my tablet is only Android. But I got a problem to make that space left by Windows availabe to use by Android, there are 20 Gb wasted in the inner memory, because between that space and the Android data partition there are two other little partitions which seem can't be moved. One of those has an "unknown format" for GParted, and the otherone is an Android system partition. This is an image of my situation:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qIjWf1 … sp=sharing

Can anyone help me to move that Android data partition to the side in which I can rezise it?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't move/rezise partition on android device (unknown format)

Unfortunately GParted can't do this for you.  It crucially can't resize or move unknown file systems.

Please provide the output from the following commands run in a terminal to see if any Linux tools on the Live CD can determine what the unknown file systems are:

sudo parted /dev/sda print
sudo lsblk -o name,maj:min,rm,size,ro,type,fstype,label,mountpoint

Re: Can't move/rezise partition on android device (unknown format)

SOLVED!

I insist I'm not trained at all on this kind of works, but maybe it is useful to share my little experience in this case.

As my tablet is not the real thing, I decided to take the risk so I did format the mistery unknown partition as ext4 (guessing that's the Android favorite format), then I could move/resize both partitions to the extreme right side, and then resized the android_data particion to 20 Gb, (which I had to format in ext4 as well, to do so). I supose I lost any data that was in those partitions, but I did it just to see what happen. To my sourprise, it worked!!!

Now I have more than 24 Gb for Android in my "ex-windows" Pipo W2s tablet, thanks to Gparted Live tool!!! Such a great piece of software. Thank you, guys!!