1 (edited by gedakc 2011-11-05 23:02:26)

Topic: Trouble booting GParted Live?

Are you experiencing trouble trying to boot the GParted Live image?

If so then see the GParted Live manual Tips on Booting GParted Live.

Re: Trouble booting GParted Live?

gedakc wrote:

Are you experiencing trouble trying to boot the GParted Live image?

If so then see the GParted Live manual Tips on Booting GParted Live.

Hi well I certainly am having trouble. I never get a second screen after the initial boot screen in Gparted. There are no choices after the initial menus:  Other modes, Failsafe, etc just a black screen ..tab and cursor keys are non functional. Actual booting seems ok. under legacy Boot in the Acer Aspire 1-131. Everything in the Gparted manual seems dependent on these secondary interface screens after the boot menu. I cannot, get beyond the boot menus. This problem is with an Acer Aspire 1-131 with 64 bit Windows 10, 32Gb eMMC. Seems to be an Acer quirk.

We've encountered similar issues with Acer Aspire laptops.  See GParted News - GParted Live 0.31.0-1 Stable Release for the work-around that worked for us.

Problems to boot on Imac  ( Mid 2018)with bluetooth keyboard. enable to change the defaults settings

@jmrottiers your might try using a different keyboard, such as a wired USB keyboard.

Yes, I am having trouble booting GParted Live.
I have a HP Zbook with both Windows 10 and Uuntu 18.04 on it. The Ubuntu partiition is running out of space, so I created a gParted bootstick with Rufus. But when I try to boot GParted I only reach the boot options. When I try to choose an entry, I see a message like "Loading /live/vmlinuz failed: no such file or directory".
But the file is there:

sudo ls /media/usb/gparted-live/live 
filesystem.packages        filesystem.size     GParted-Live-Version  memtest
filesystem.packages-remove  filesystem.squashfs  initrd.img           vmlinuz

7 (edited by dorothyr39 2020-07-07 17:48:59)

program does not load. I get the preliminary screen, press enter on all the choices as the instructions on your site say. I get to the screen that ends with the warranty disclaimer and it jist sits and blinks the cursor
Win 7 on an HP 7600, 64 bit.

Tried the 32 bit disk on a Dell Optiplex 755. same thing.

Do other Live distros boot on the computer?  If so you might check to see if one of these has gparted available.  You might also try System Rescue CD which includes an up-to-date version of GParted.