1 (edited by New_World_Man 2016-05-04 01:21:03)

Topic: Resolved - gparted-live-0.26.0-1-i686 super large mouse pointer.

Had an issue with mouse pointer not visible in version 0.23.x-x, seemed to be fixed with version 0.25.0-3.  Well now there is an issue AGAIN that seems to be even more annoying.  (the invisible mouse pointer could be made visible easily)
With version 0.26-1 the mouse pointer is visible, but it is vary vary large and not solid looking at all (more like a series of obvious lines) but the whole rest of the screen looks fine.  Also - with it that big, the item being click dose NOT seem to be the item to point of the mouse cursor is on.

This is a HP Pavilion a1020n - upgraded to 2.5gb RAM and 2tb hard drive. (I believe the inboard video card is Intel i810 series.

Re: Resolved - gparted-live-0.26.0-1-i686 super large mouse pointer.

What is the exact name of the GParted Live 0.26.0-1 .iso or .zip file you used?

Can you confirm that the md5sum matches the one posted on the download page?

Would you be able to take a screen shot, upload the image to a media sharing site and then post a link to the image in this thread?

In my testing the mouse pointer was a normal size on all the physical computers and virtual machines that I used.

The file was gparted-live-0.26.0-1-i686.iso downloaded from one of gparted mirrors (NOT p2p file sharing) and the heck did match.

However, after searching and attempting a lot, I got it to work fine.  Apparently although I never had to with previous versions on this machine, I now have to specify i915.nodeset=0 and a vga= mode in the boot options, and it can NOT be vga=normal.  Since I am booting from a USB drive I just made to changes in the syslinux.cfg file.

Thank you for reporting back with how you resolved the problem, and also for changing the title to indicate that the issue is resolved.