Topic: Forum upgrade December 2011

I just upgraded the forum and installed new anti-spam measures (plus a couple of other things that might make life for the moderators easier).

Please report any problems or remarks in this thread or on IRC.

Re: Forum upgrade December 2011

JanC, please see the following post:
Forum user unable to edit title of first post

I am having an issue with Gparted on a hardware raid 5.   It initially won't boot, but it will if you go into safe mode.  But, when the program finds the 3 ntfs partitions it flags them and gives an error 6.   Where do I go from here?   Is it a driver issue?

greennpg wrote:

I am having an issue with Gparted on a hardware raid 5.   It initially won't boot, but it will if you go into safe mode.  But, when the program finds the 3 ntfs partitions it flags them and gives an error 6.   Where do I go from here?   Is it a driver issue?

Please, start a new topic in the Support/Live media section. This section is related to problems concerning the forum itself and the GParted web site.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

Hi, i have a macbook pro with OSx 10.7 installed on it. I have downloaded gparted-live-0.11.0-10.iso and made a GParted Live on your USB flash drive using Tuxboot, but when i boot my macbook pro in any modes of GParted Live i see the following error :
" [  17.480541] fb: conflicting fb hw usage radeondrmfb vs EFI VGA - removing generic driver "
I have read the GParted Live manual Tips on Booting GParted Live and did "radeon.modeset=0" but i saw the error again and i did "radeon.modeset=1" but the error appeared again, please tell me what can i do for this error?
Thanks.

123456789 wrote:

Hi, i have a macbook pro with OSx 10.7 installed on it. I have downloaded gparted-live-0.11.0-10.iso and made a GParted Live on your USB flash drive using Tuxboot, but when i boot my macbook pro in any modes of GParted Live i see the following error :
" [  17.480541] fb: conflicting fb hw usage radeondrmfb vs EFI VGA - removing generic driver "
I have read the GParted Live manual Tips on Booting GParted Live and did "radeon.modeset=0" but i saw the error again and i did "radeon.modeset=1" but the error appeared again, please tell me what can i do for this error?
Thanks.

Please, start a new topic in the Support/Live media section. This section is related to problems concerning the forum itself and the GParted web site.

i am being denied access to my own profile http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/misc.php?email=31585

nweissma, when I click on your userid beside the above message I can see your profile.  Does this work for you?

I tried the link in your message above and also received a denied message.

in direct answer to your question, no -- it does not work for me, because the userid that (i think) you allude to is not clickable.

but, i don't see this matter as exigent.

Thank You for Your Conscientiousness.

Thanks for the response.  Perhaps our forum administrator will have some ideas regarding this problem.

i entered "nweissma" into the search facility to find my posts .. it did not find my post http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtop … 988#p28988

all it found was http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/search. … 1753226306 -- and this result did not even include gedakc's answer. the results should have included posts #7-#10 of http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtopic.php?id=16354

12 (edited by nweissma 2012-03-13 22:13:03)

i was recently emailed this url : "The post is located at http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtop … 186#p29186 " but it is not available, nor can i find it with advanced search.

and btw, the answer to your botstop question, "who created GParted?," is NOT on the GParted site!

nwiessma, if the post is missing then likely it was SPAM and was deleted.

Regarding the question, did you check the contact page?

14 (edited by nweissma 2012-03-13 23:24:49)

no, i did not think of checking the contact page .. because the botstop question says that the answer is to be found at the "GParted site"; and in fact, there is a link, at the top of the botstop page, that reads "GParted site" -- silly me, i naturally followed that link. i did not think of checking the contact page any more than i thought of checking under the bed.

and i am confused: someone pierced your botstop mechanism -- the same mechanism that harasses the earnest users -- to post the most superficial of spam?! splendid!

Can I update now or it's already updated???

Hello, I am Addison.