Topic: GParted Live amd64 will not boot

In Windows 7 using gparted-live-0.24.0-2-amd64.iso, the first problem popped during USB creation with Unetbootin. . . . X:\syslinux/menu.c32 already exists. Do you want to overwrite it? I tried both with and without overwriting. (X is the USB drive letter). Then, when trying to boot from the USB, the following message was repeated on screen. Gparted syslinux.32: not a COM32R image.

I repeated the ISO creation on Xubuntu 14.04.3 using Unetbootin and then Tuxboot. Both reported repeat the repeat copying, and neither would boot on a 64bit laptop.

I need to correct the boot sector and it can only done from with GParted live. Please help.

Linux Mint 20.0 Cinnamon

Re: GParted Live amd64 will not boot

If both Unetbootin and tuxboot are failing to create a bootable GParted Live image for you, then you might consider using a different USB flash drive, or a manual method to write the image making sure you have a backup of your data first.

Alternatively, if you have other bootable GNU/Linux distributions then you might check if one of these has a copy of GParted on it.

gedakc, thanks. It is as you advised and I will never trust Kingston again. smile

Linux Mint 20.0 Cinnamon

Thanks for reporting back.  It is possible that the USB flash drive was beginning to fail.  This can happen to any drive from any manufacturer.  'Having said that some drives do seem more robust than others.