Topic: installed gparted on win7 did not make changes - stuck in gpart boot

I installed gpart to expand a VBox patition. I am running on windows 7. I intall gpart but did not change any partition at this point.
This was done about 1 month back. Last night my machine was rebooted and now it boot directly into gpart. I dont know how to change the active partition so I can boot back into my win7 partition. I only had one partition on this system which was for win7 before this install. NEED HELP ASAP! I HAVE TO DO SOME EMERGENCY WORK AND NEED ACCESS TO WIN7.

Please assist!!!

Thx Larry

Re: installed gparted on win7 did not make changes - stuck in gpart boot

I don't understand. Gparted is a Linux software, it can't be installed under microsoft windows operating systems. It needs a Linux running installation.
Can you give more details please?

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

class413 wrote:

I don't understand. Gparted is a Linux software, it can't be installed under microsoft windows operating systems. It needs a Linux running installation.
Can you give more details please?

I am running windows 7 os. I have oracle vbox and had a vm for a rhel to yest an app. I needed to update the vm partition to expand disk. Vbox suggested gpart. I installed gpart but dis not make any change to partition because i was careful not to disrupt my win7 os. However my support team added win7 patches and rebooted by system and now it boots directly to gpart and i need to get back to win7 partition. How can this be done? I found one link about gpart live boot cdrom that can be used to change partitions. Is this the right path or suggest another quicker solution.

Perhaps the Virtual Machine still has the DVD/CD Drive linked to the GParted Live .iso file.  If this is the case then that would explain why it is booting the GParted image.

Otherwise, where did you install GParted?  On a CD-R/W, USB flash drive, Hard Disk Drive?

As Class413 indicates, GParted is GNU/Linux software and cannot be installed in Windows.