1 (edited by GizmoChicken 2015-09-06 20:41:36)

Topic: Allow booting under secure boot (alternative Ubuntu-based version)

Debian doesn't ship with the keys required for booting under secure boot.  And consequently, Debian-based live versions of GParted don't boot under secure boot. 

In contrast, Ubuntu ships with the required keys, and live versions of software based on it generally boot under secure boot.  For example, the creators of Clonezilla offer an Ubuntu-based alternative live version that boots under secure boot.  (“If your machine comes with uEFI secure boot enabled, you have to use AMD64 version of alternative (Ubuntu-based) Clonezilla live” See http://www.clonezilla.org/downloads.php)

I request that the creators of GParted offer an Ubuntu-based alternative version of GParted live that boots of under secure boot.

Re: Allow booting under secure boot (alternative Ubuntu-based version)

Thanks for this request. Sure. as one of the developers of Clonezilla, there is no reason for me to skip this for GParted live. smile
I will create that recently when I have more free time about this in a month. Please be patient.

Steven.

Re: Allow booting under secure boot (alternative Ubuntu-based version)

stevenshiau wrote:

Thanks for this request. Sure. as one of the developers of Clonezilla, there is no reason for me to skip this for GParted live. smile
I will create that recently when I have more free time about this in a month. Please be patient.

Steven.

Thanks so much!!