1 (edited by gedakc 2016-05-04 19:05:40)

Topic: [SOLVED] Add ReFS Detection

Is it possible to add support (maybe only "detect" at the moment) of ReFS?

Resilient File System (ReFS), codenamed "Protogon", is a Microsoft proprietary file system introduced with Windows Server 2012 with the intent of becoming the "next generation" file system after NTFS.

ReFS was designed to overcome issues that had become significant over the years since NTFS was conceived, related to how data storage requirements had changed. Its key design advantages are intended to include - automatic integrity checking and data scrubbing, removing the need for chkdsk and protecting against bit rot; built-in handling of hard drive failure and redundancy, including RAID and a switch to copy/allocate on write for data and metadata updates; very long path and filename handling; and storage virtualization and pooling, including almost arbitrary logical volume size (as distinct from the physical sizes of the disks used).

Re: [SOLVED] Add ReFS Detection

Hi,

I most certainly can make GParted recognise ReFS.
(Note that there are no open source tools for manipulating ReFS, so GParted won't be able to do anything else besides recognise ReFS.  Don't expect this to change for many years).

I don't have access to a Windows machine which can create a ReFS file system for testing.  Would you be able to upload a compressed image of a small as possible ReFS file system, to some paste bin on the Internet for me to use?

Thanks,
Mike

Re: [SOLVED] Add ReFS Detection

Ping bxzxdkdd...

Would you be able to provide a compressed ReFS image as requested in post #2?

Alternatively, would you be able to test the patch set in the following report?

Bug 738471 - ReFS file system is not recognised