Topic: Freezing on Input

I'm trying to use GParted Live USB to format my hard drive. I made my USB with Tuxboot 0.6. My process is as follows: first, I plug the USB in and boot my system. The GParted screen comes up and I hit Enter to select the first option. GParted immediately freezes and I have to reboot. It will also freeze if I hit any other key. If I wait for 30 seconds to let the auto select happen, it goes on to blank screen with a cursor blinking in the upper left until I reboot.

I have tried with verions 0.19.1-4-i486 and 0.19.1-4-i686-pae with the exact same results. Is there any other info that would be helpful in solving this problem?

Re: Freezing on Input

You might review the Tips on Booting GParted Live to see if these help.

If still no success, please report back with details on your computer hardware such as processor, graphics card, etc.

I did check the boot tips, and none of them helped. I ended up solving the problem by using an Ubuntu Live USB to wipe my harddrive.

Thank you for reporting back with how you worked around the problem.  GParted Live is based on Debian Live.  If this problem also existed in Debian Live then any fixes there would eventually propagate to GParted Live.