Topic: "Can not have overlapping partitions"

I am attempting to shrink a linux partition and use that space to extend a windows partition. When I attempt to resize /dev/sda/4, it gives me the details below. I'm unsure why this is occuring, but I'm not very familiar with partition editing. I'm running Elementary OS Luna on a live CD. This is based off of Ubuntu. Hope that helps.

GParted 0.11.0 --enable-libparted-dmraid

Libparted 2.3

Move /dev/sda4 to the right and shrink it from 355.17 GiB to 148.96 GiB  00:00:00    ( ERROR )

calibrate /dev/sda4  00:00:00    ( SUCCESS )

path: /dev/sda4
start: 186,943,486
end: 931,790,847
size: 744,847,362 (355.17 GiB)
move partition to the right and shrink it from 355.17 GiB to 148.96 GiB  00:00:00    ( ERROR )

old start: 186,943,486
old end: 931,790,847
old size: 744,847,362 (355.17 GiB)
libparted messages    ( INFO )

Can't have overlapping partitions.
========================================

Here is a picture of my layout right now. Please let me know any other information you might need to help. Thanks in advance!
http://i.imgur.com/uUdtS5k.png

Re: "Can not have overlapping partitions"

Thank you for your interest in GParted and providing the contents of the gparted_details.htm log file and the picture.

It looks like you have run into a bug that was fixed in later version of GParted.

Please try using the latest version of GParted (currently 0.18.0).  One of the best ways to do this is by booting from media containing GParted Live.

Furthermore, I see an exclamation mark to /dev/sda6. You can look for the info in this mark.
If the partition is mounted, you have to unmount it. The GParted livecd (or USB) doesn't mount any partition by default. Perhaps it isn't the case of "Luna"O.S.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

I'd like to tell you that I did end up solving my problem with your answers. Thanks! My response is very late! but thanks again.

Thank you henadin for reporting back that you were able to resolve the problem.

It can help others searching for answers to similar questions if you edit the initial post and prefix "SOLVED" in front of the title.