Topic: No display after beginning operation

I'v a HP Z-workstation and started up by the Live-CD. I've re-sized some partitions and started the operation. After a couple of hours, I turned of the display to safe power. However, after turning it back on, I get a power-safe notification from my monitor. The monitor is connected by a displayPort-cable. I then try to use another monitor, other cables, DVI or VGA, but with no result.

I don't want to reset the pc, because I think the operation is active. What to do? Should I wait a couple of hours and reset the PC and hope the operation is finished?

Thanks for your support!

Re: No display after beginning operation

What version GParted Live are you using?

If the PC is connected to a network and you have an SSH daemon running then you could remotely connect to the PC to check which processes are running, if the disks are active, etc.  That way you could check if the system is idle, and hence most likely completed all the operations.

3 (edited by theovds 2014-04-02 19:53:12)

It is gparted-live-0.18.0-1-i486.iso

Thanks for you quick reply!

I'm trying to find the IP of the machine. On which port is SSH running? When I do a network-scan for port 22, I cant find the PC.

4 (edited by theovds 2014-04-02 20:44:12)

Edit: removed unneeded info.

When I do a network-scan I cant find the mac-adres of the PC. Is it possible there is no ethernet-driver loaded?

By default GParted Live does not activate network cards, so if you did not enable networking then connecting over the network will not be available to you.  ;-(

Is the disk light on the PC busy?
If not, then you might assume that the operation is done and proceed to reboot the PC.  Unfortunately I do not have any other suggestions.

I've hard reset the PC and everything works fine smile so thank God!

'Glad to hear that it worked out for you.  Still, it is strange that the screen would not display again after it was turned off.