Topic: pangocairo is a needed for installing gparted. Where can I find it?

Please don't laugh. Yes, it is true... I was up like all night yesterday and installing all the packages that the latest stable version of gparted depends on, either directly or indirectly. And I was almost done. But there is this tiny thing left to do; I need this package called pangocairo. All I had to do to get any package was to do a google-search and blindly klick the first hit, it would always be there. But not this pangocairo. I just can't find it. I've tried installing pango-1.16.1, but to no use. It also has a file called pangocairo.pc.in, but I have no idea what I can do with it; the INSTALL file of pango says nothing about it.

What can I do?

Re: pangocairo is a needed for installing gparted. Where can I find it?

First of all you should tell us the linux distro you use ! Keep in mind there is about 265 linux distro, which have their own updater tool and packages....

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

Ooops, that's my mistake. I'm new to all of this. I'm using Ubuntu 6.10 - the Edgy Eft.

So what is the updater tool in ubuntu ? apt-get probably ?
Then you'd better run `apt-get install pango` or cairo, and then try again....

Larry
GParted-project Admin

Hello. There is no such thing as pango or cairo that apt-get install can find. I tried apt-get install libpango1.0-0 but then it says it's already installed.

This damn thing should be somewhere, or has its development been abandoned? :-/

Did you enable extra repo in apt ? or devel repo maybe ?

Larry
GParted-project Admin

Thanks for your help. But I've decided this is too painful and to insecure. I'll wait until latest version of gparted is available for ubuntu.

Thx