Topic: PLEASE!! I need help im desperate!

I have a vista OS preinstalled on my hdd and attempted to set up a new particiton in order to install xp on that

I did everything I thought was ok bt now i cannot boot my system, I keep getting please insert disk, press enter...

Is there something i forgot to do?

the only thing it will let me do is boot up the gparted disc not even a hdd restore!

thanks in advance for your help

Dave

Re: PLEASE!! I need help im desperate!

What did you exactly do, please ?
Which version of GParted do you used ?
BTW, I guess if you put your Vista media into your cd-media, it should end up solving your problem...

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

?Can I use the backup DVD that i created because i don't really have the window vista cd

Really dunno :-/

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)

What you mean by backup DVD??? If you have a total system backup prior to the operations that led to the screw-up, you can try to restore from that and then reconsider how to proceed...(this is an important step to remember: before reconfiguring partition geometry you should ALWAYS have a system backup available...).

Can you provide any details about the "backup DVD" you mentioned? Which application did you use to backup?

Greets

6 (edited by johnroberts 2007-04-03 12:51:35)

...In any case (worst case scenario...) if you have some important personal data you need to recover you can try booting from a Linux LiveCD. Most modern distros have full read/write capability on NTFS + external media support (like a USB2.0 external disk or flash stick...). You may try to mount the Vista partition and copy the important files...Desperation does not help.