1 (edited by gedakc 2016-05-04 22:24:00)

Topic: [SOLVED] Combining Tasks

It would be nice if GParted combined operations where possible before starting to run them.

For example, moving a partition to the right and then to the right again could be combined into a single move.

Re: [SOLVED] Combining Tasks

I just found that this feature was already requested over here: http://gparted-forum.surf4.info/viewtopic.php?id=1139.
That topic has no replies though.

Re: [SOLVED] Combining Tasks

I'd like to remark that partition operations aren't always so simple. In some cases, a resizing operation becomes possible in several steps only, instead of a single step. A partition isn't just an intermediate result that could stay in a temporary buffer.

GParted allows to schedule a big number of operations, even many 10's of them. However, my personal practice is to proceed by 1 operation at the time, in order to keep a better control on the results and check for eventual errors or problems. I usually advice this to any user too. Partitioning operations are always potentially dangerous for the data safety. It would be safer to be more attentive on the operation choice.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***