1 (edited by roms42 2009-07-02 19:48:48)

Topic: Trying to fix partitions

Hi,

I have win XP and I installed linux Fedora 11 successfully one week ago. I tried to allocate free space on my HD from Win XP software, but the soft crashed and then Win XP didn't seen HD anymore. Now, I can boot Win XP but crash while startup, fedora dont boot.
Today i'm trying to repair my partitions with testdisk tool.

My partitions:
-* FAT 32 (i don't what's it exactly, i'm on a laptop and this partition is label "PQSERVICE")
-P FAT 32 LBA "DISQUE" (windows)
-P Linux
-E extended LBA
-L Linux

What's i done:
-Analyse: i saw all my partitions,
-Deepersearch: all partitions in "green" and status "ok" (excepted "extended LBA", I didn't saw this one!),

What can i do now?

Help me plz!

Roms42

Re: Trying to fix partitions

Hello roms42,

you didn't use "GParted Live CD 0.4.5-2" up to now ? It's not quite clear. "Testdisk" exists also as Windows version. For the moment (with no deeper analysis of your harddisk in its current state), I would NOT use "Testdisk".
Anyway, you should have a CDROM with newest stable version of "GParted".

For the analysis :
Boot "GParted". When it finishes, minimize it , right-click anywhere on the desktop, "Fluxbox" menu opens, choose "file/system utils" and start "MC_HxEd". Double click on the single line with the [+] sign (not the sign itself for the moment) to get a quick overview. If you are asked, whether you want to store this file on an USB stick, confirm and attach an appropriate stick; it gets mounted automatically. Shutdown "GParted" CDROM and upload file "drvs.dat" to a file sharing site ( e.g.  mediafire.com) and give us the link.

Regards
cmdr