Topic: [SOLVED] Filesystem UUIDs

Hello everyone!  smile
Filesystem UUID numbers are becoming more and more important for Ubuntu users to know. Ubuntu Edgy Eft is using them in /etc/fstab and now Fiesty is using them in /boot/grub/menu.lst as well. I think some other distros might start using them too.

I am thinking it might help a lot of people if they would be able to see them in GParted LiveCD perhaps when they right-click on the partition and click 'Information'.
Although it is possible for those of us who are accustomed to using the terminal to get these numbers easily enough, (ls /dev/disk/by-uuid/ -alh), not everyone is the same. Some people are extremely intelligent in certain ways but not so good at other tasks. Not everyone finds information provided in list form so easy to understand. With GParted LiveCD if this idea can be implemented they will be able to 'see' which partition is which and associate the UUID numbers with the correct partitions.

I hope I'm not asking too much, I know you guys are very busy and you are doing a champion job already, I'm a big fan of yours in case you didn't know.  smile

Regards, Herman smile

Re: [SOLVED] Filesystem UUIDs

Thank you Herman for this enhancement suggestion .

Support for displaying file system UUIDs has been added the code base for GParted.  It will be included in the upcoming release of GParted 0.4.0.

Re: [SOLVED] Filesystem UUIDs

GParted 0.4.0 was released on November 28, 2009.  It has the ability to display file system UUIDs in the Information window.