Topic: gparted 0.42 live CD when?

Hi all,
When can we expect a gparted 0.42 live CD? The stable version is out since 5th February.

Re: gparted 0.42 live CD when?

Hi!

The LiveCD consists of more than "only" GParted - it contains a whole small Linux system, along with any tool GParted could require. Thus, assembling and testing the CD takes longer than "simply" building GParted.
To make it short: When it's done... ;-)

There was a pre-release 0.4.2-1. There was no final release 0.4.2-1, because the 0.4.3 version was out, containing some important fixes.

Now, a testing version 0.4.3-1 is available.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

Parted Magic and SystemRescueCD both have GParted-0.4.3 on them. These Linux distributions release a new version of GParted long before GParted Live usually does. roll

GParted-0.4.3 was out on 12 Feb. 2009.
GParted Live 0.4.3-1 was out on 13 Feb. 2009, just 24 hours later. smile

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

Why isn't it listed as stable then? How can you say it's released when it's still labeled as "testing"? It's not on the front page of the gparted site, so that doesn't count as released. There HAS not been an official release of the GParted Live sinse last year. Most users are not going to use something labeled as "testing". I sure as heck wouldn't.

GParted Live 0.4.1-2 (2008-12-28 10:31) <---newest stable release. hmm

gparted69 wrote:

Why isn't it listed as stable then? How can you say it's released when it's still labeled as "testing"? It's not on the front page of the gparted site, so that doesn't count as released. There HAS not been an official release of the GParted Live sinse last year. Most users are not going to use something labeled as "testing". I sure as heck wouldn't.

GParted Live 0.4.1-2 (2008-12-28 10:31) <---newest stable release. hmm

Actually GParted live 0.4.3 is almost ready there, however, due to a X-window related problem, I am still waiting for the test results. If you want to push it to stable branch, please help to test the one in testing branch. It will help us.

Boots fine on my box. I have an intel 865 chip set with the Intel Extreme Graphics 2.