Topic: Problem Loading Gparted

I first burnt GParted to a CD (bit older version and don't have the patience right now to go check) and I recieved some sort of error.

I am out of CD's right now so I burnt the latest version of GParted to a DVD. I tried multiple configuration setting but each time I get this error:

Booting (initramfs)...
chroot: cannot execute /bin/sh: no such file or directory
kernal panic- not syncing: Attempted to kill init!

No idea what this means. I don't think there should be a problem with whether I burnt it to a CD or DVD...any help would be appreciated.

Re: Problem Loading Gparted

The best advice is to try the latest Llivecd version.

In case of problem, you can try to choose the manual configuration, using the VESA graphics driver at a resolution 1024x768 or 800x600. These settings work on almost any computer.

(Moved to the live media section)

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

Re: Problem Loading Gparted

Hello fatpony,
I assume, your downloaded ISO-file is corrupt.

If you download "GParted Live" from here, click on "checksums info" and copy "sha1sums" value, according to your selected version. Then download "sha1sum.exe" for Windows (Usage:  <file>.iso as argument in a DOS Console window) and let it create the sum of your downloaded file. Compare hash-codes. If numbers match, download was correct ... else repeat. Most Linux distros have built-in "sha1"-tools.

Regards
cmdr