Topic: GParted LiveCD does not boot in computer with NTFS partitions only

Hallo!I am new to Open Source Software.Previously,I have been using Partition Magic on Windows XP OS but I would like to shift to Open Source Software.

I am still using Windows XP  and all the partitions on my computer are in NTFS format.I have tried booting my machine using Gparted-liveCD-0.3.4-8 but the CD is unable to launch GParted.Fortunately,the LiveCD was able to boot from my friends machine which contains both Suse Linux and Windows XP.

Thus my question is:Can GParted LiveCD be used on a machine that contains only NTFS partitions?If it is possible,how do I do so?

Please respond to myrequest as soon as possible and I shall be infinitely grateful.Thanks in advance

Re: GParted LiveCD does not boot in computer with NTFS partitions only

Gparted LiveCD *is* able to boot in all-ntfs computers. Obviously there is an issue with the hardware. Please, try to use another boot option, or even use another version from the late LiveCD versions, like 0.3.4-5 or 0.3.4-2.
It would be helpful if you could give details on your hardware.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***