Topic: live-cd stuck at keymap prompt.

Hi,

I downloaded the 0.3.4-8 live cd and it gets to the stage where it prompts me for the keymap I use but then it doesn't seem to recognize my keyboard when I try and input characters.

It recognizes my keyboard at the beginning when it asks me to choose what mode to run in but it seems to fail at the keymap prompt. Is there something I'm not doing right?

Thanks in advance for any help smile

Nico

Re: live-cd stuck at keymap prompt.

It sometimes occurs with usb or wireless keyboards. You can try other boot options or use a ps2 keyboard. Another option is to use some older version, like 0.3.4-5 or 0.3.4-2.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

3 (edited by visjes 2007-10-09 23:02:08)

I am having this problem too, and your solution is pretty useless. Is this a logged bug? Is it going to be fixed soon? What is causing it? What are these "other boot options" I might try? I am using a USB logitech g15 keyboard on an amd64 system. I've already apparently spun off one coaster due to this bug, I don't want to spin off any more arbitrarily burning previous releases. Why did you suggest this specific iterations (0.3.4-5 and 0.3.4-2)?

A PS2 keyboard is not an option.

There were some changes in the boot system and h/w detection during last year, because of changes in the gentoo software used by the Livecd.
0.3.4-5 and 0.3.4-2 were using other boot software than 0.3.4-8. You could try them on a cdrw.

Another solution is to try the latest version of "Parted-magic", that is newer and perhaps works better with usb keyboards.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***