Re: [SOLVED] OPIE Linux on Palm Tungsten E2 With GParted [SOLVED]

"Stale NFS file (handle)" is a network issue. Shut down your network connection, while working on your current project.

A filehandle becomes stale whenever the file or directory referenced by the handle is removed by another host, while your client still holds an active reference to the object. A typical example occurs when the current directory of a process, running on your client, is removed on the server (either by a process running on the server or on another client).

Regards
cmdr

27 (edited by Zam478 2009-01-06 02:14:55)

I'm sorry, but can you please clarify?

One day Microsoft and Apple will settle their differences and create one company named Applesoft. Then again, maybe Microsoft will go bankrupt, but I'll let you decide which one you think will happen.

Hello Zam478,
if there is an Internet or (W)LAN Router connected to the PC, where "PartedMagic" is running, the program tries to establish a connection to the Internet, so that the built-in browser is instantly usable.
If you inhibit this action, why should a stand-alone Linux give network faults ?

During unpacking the "ext2"-Image the source file "new_image.ext2.bz2" vanishes and "new_image.ext2" is created. Perhaps the "stale NFS file" is "new_image.ext2.bz2".
If your "new_image.ext2"  file has 115.343.360 Bytes, everything seems to be ok. Just go ahead and copy it to its designated location.

cmdr

Ok, but the file was still 23 MB after it said that. Right when I click Extract, that error come up. I tried unplugging my network cable, but that doesn't do anything.

One day Microsoft and Apple will settle their differences and create one company named Applesoft. Then again, maybe Microsoft will go bankrupt, but I'll let you decide which one you think will happen.

Hello Zam478,

the NFS fault is obviously a problem with newer versions of "PartedMagic". With my old version 2.2 it worked well, but this version is no more available. I looked for an alternative, found Puppy Linux 4.1.2 and just tested it. If you have a connection per router to the Internet, you can even download all of your needed files within this distro and copy them to the designated locations, so that you don't need the USB key (provided your RAM isn't too "puppy"). Icon "Connect" starts the network wizard.  "Bzip2"-Unpacking works easily with a right-click on the file within the filemanger (access via Icon "Home"). All storage devices are instantly mounted by clicking on their respective desktop icons. "Puppy Linux" is also distributed as ISO-file (94 MB); you can even store your personal settings before shutdown on any read-write storage device (as an encrypted image file).

I put this small distro on a bootable USB key and thus have in my pocket a rather safe surrounding for surfing the Internet with all my favourites, wherever I am!

Regards
cmdr

Hello cmdr,
Thanks! I will try it right now (well, as soon as it's done downloading!)

~ Zam

Hello cmdr,
Whenever I try to uncompress the bzip2 file, it would show a regular .ext2 file while it was decompressing and then disapeared after. Also, I just noticed that on my Palm, it is looking for dev/mmc, not dev/sdb1.

Hello Zam478,

Whenever I try to uncompress the bzip2 file, it would show a regular .ext2 file while it was decompressing and then disapeared after.

Strange behaviour ! In my test, file "new_image.ext2.bz2" just lost its second extension and got inflated, but stayed visible and located, where I put it.  Where did you work on the file ? On a USB stick folder, in "my-documents", where it's located as default, if you download it with "Puppy Linux" or elsewhere ?
If you choose a detailed file list view, perhaps the new file gets appended at the end of the list, as it is with Windows, unless you refresh the view. I used the file icon view and had no problems.

Also, I just noticed that on my Palm, it is looking for dev/mmc, not dev/sdb1.

The device name depends either on the (kernel) program, which detects devices, or  the way you attach the device. The Palm uses the SD card as solid state harddisk and uses "mmc" (multi media card) as device name. Your PC has appropriate slots for a bunch of memory cards or you use an external card reader, which is attached via USB. Then it gets detected via PCI- or USB-drivers, and therefore device name often depends also on connection type. Conclusion : it doesn't matter, how it is named, as long as it is accessible.

cmdr

I actually haven't succesfully downloaded it w/ that! Whenever I save it to my documents, it shows the file name, but where does it say the % complete?

35 (edited by cmdr 2009-01-09 02:53:59)

The browser has a progress indicator for downloads. However, I didn't notice any with unpacking; it seems, there is none. But if you inspect the file properties (right click), you can see, that the file got unpacked. It has exactly the size, I mentioned earlier.

cmdr

Hello cmdr,
I'm sorry, but I tried downloading it and waited for about 5 minutes (dsl connection, it usually downloads in about 2-3) and clicked on it, it gave me some error message (sorry I don't remember it). I gtg right now, so I won't be on any more today.

Hello cmdr,
I have gotten ALL the downloads correct and all the files right! But, I don't think you've ever tried porting linux to a Palm Tungsten E2, or have you... Just kidding. But, whenever I run the 'Boot!' (cocoboot) it says EXACTLY this (well, this is what I can see on screen when it stops):

66 initrd.gz
-rwxr-xr-x     1   0                        0                     12856
64 zImage     1   0                        0
-rwxr-xr-x     1   0                        0                           
73 linux.boot.cfg
drwxr-xr-x     3  0                        0                            20
48 dcim
drwxr-xr-x     4  0                        0                            20
48 palm
drwxr-x---      4  1000                  1000
0 ..
drwxr-xr-x     4  0                        0                           163
84 .
sourcing linux.boot.cfg: found.
: not foundie/mmc1/linux.boot.cfg: 2:
post_module script: not found.
mount swap at /dev/mmcblk0p2. Priority:-1
extents:1 across: 56216k
done.
mounting rootfs: not a file or black d
evice.
/dev/mmcblk0p3
ls: /media/mmc1/gpe*: No such file or di
rectory
failed!
could not mount root fs: init failed!
please, reset, check your configuration
and retry.

I don't know if you know what the first few lines are about, but that's all I can see long enough to type it. I hope you can help me, even though I'm pretty sure you've never tried porting Linux to an Palm Tungsten E2.
~Thanks~
Zam478

Hello Zam478,

But, I don't think you've ever tried porting linux to a Palm Tungsten E2, or have you...

You are right : I didn't.

But I have an assumption, what might be the cause. The stuff, before "linux.boot.cfg" is mentioned in your extract, is a file list with file attributes. The fault starts with "linux.boot.cfg": it is not correctly read, because the swap partition gets mounted to "/dev/mmcblk0p2" instead of "/dev/mmcblk0p28." (maybe the period after "28" is wrong, too!).
I' m rather sure, that you created file "linux.boot.cfg" with Windows, didn't you ? Therefore it uses Carriage Return / LineFeed (0x0D/0x0A) for a line jump, whereas nearly all other OSes use a single LineFeed(0x0A) for that purpose. I had this problem with another Linux Bootloader, too. To get the correct format, start "Puppy Linux" and use "geany" to create "linux.boot.cfg" anew or do it with "echo ..." (in a Terminal window) :

echo "#!/bin/sh (-)" > /root/linux.boot.cfg
echo "    ROOT_DEV=/dev/mmcblk0p3" >> /root/linux.boot.cfg
echo "    SWAP_DEV=/dev/mmcblk0p28." >> /root/linux.boot.cfg

If you mount the SDHC Card, you can transfer it directly to the root folder of its vfat volume.

Good luck
cmdr

OK, THANK YOU SOOO MUCH! I AM SOOOO CLOSE! One question about that tho, do i copy all of that (like the echo "* and the >>/root/linux.boot.cfg)? Or just the normal stuff? Oh well, I have everthing backed up, I'll try it both ways. Also, I made that post in Puppy Linux! Usually Network setups don't work for me... But this time it did!

40 (edited by Zam478 2009-01-11 05:53:47)

Ok, Here is what it says now:

/media/mmc1
mount: Mounting /dev/mmcblk0p1 on /media
/mmc1 failed: Device or resource busy
mounted on /media/mmc1
-rwxr-xr-x     1   0                        0                           93 
66 initrd.gz
-rwxr-xr-x     1   0                        0                     12856
64 zImage     1   0                        0
-rwxr-xr-x     1   0                        0                           
73 linux.boot.cfg
drwxr-xr-x     3  0                        0                            20
48 dcim
drwxr-xr-x     4  0                        0                            20
48 palm
drwxr-x---      4  1000                  1000
0 ..
drwxr-xr-x     4  0                        0                           163
84 .
sourcing linux.boot.cfg: not found.
post_module script: not found.
no swap specified.
mounting rootfs: not a file or a blog d
evice.
/media/hdd/gpe-image-v0.8.4-rc3-palmld.r
ootfs.ext2
ls: /media/mmc1/gpe*: No such file or di
rectory
Failed!
could not mount root fs: init failed!
please, reset, check your configuration
and retry

Also, if it makes any difference, the 28. is wrong, it's supposed to be

As in the 8. is the step number. I just created it "anew" as you would say in Gleam. The way of doing it in console just seemed like extra work. But... I might just try it that way (If I figure out how, I just sort of skimmed that part, so I'll have to read that part a little closer)
THANK YOU very much
~Zam478
P.S. If you think I'm wasting your time, please tell me. I looked at some other topics and this one is by far one of the biggest.
P.S.S. I am surprised that OPIE linux for my Palm is similar enough to normal Linux that you can help me!
P.S.S.S. I don't think I've taken the time to properly thank you, so...

I, Zam478, hereby thank cmdr for helping me with porting OPIE Linux to my Palm Tungsten E2. (I've always wanted to say that: hereby yada yada lol)

P.S.S.S.S. That isn't a quote, I just thought it looked better that way.

Hello Zam478,
thanks for the "flowers". No, you don't waste my time. Otherwise, I would not be back again. -

Your second print-out shows, that "linux.boot.cfg" was not located, where "cocoboot" expected it ("not found"), but it could not find it, because mounting of the SDHC flash card failed ("Device or resource busy"). What keeps the SD card busy ? Perhaps it is yet mounted elsewhere. Avoid looking at it by a file manager, when "cocoboot" is started; perhaps don't start "cocoboot" within a Palm filemanager. It is clear, that the SD card has to be plugged in BEFORE booting. Does the Palm boot need a bootflag on the vfat partition ? I don't know it. "GParted's" volume records are NOT bootable. I suppose "cocoboot" writes some machine code to MBR - but does not necessarily need VBR - and then restarts.

To create "linux.boot.cfg" with a linux text editor is ok. The echo-method is used, if you don't have an appropriate editor. "echo" works the same way as in MS-DOS or at the DOS prompt in Windows : it writes the following string to the console. ">" redirects the output to a file or interface; ">>" appends the string to an existing file. Note, that a LineFeed follows each "echo"-string.

cmdr

Thanks, it's good to know I'm not wasting your time, and yes, I guess that if I was, why would you still be helping? Also, what do you mean by "Does the Palm boot need a bootflag on the vfat partition"? (Like I said awhile ago, I'm knew to all of Linux.) The files needed to run cocoboot (the initrd.gz and zImage are both on the card) but I take it you want me to start booting w/o the SD card in. I am probably just confusing myself now...
~Zam478

Hello Zam478,

Also, what do you mean by "Does the Palm boot need a bootflag on the vfat partition"?

The bootflag is a DOS/Windows issue. Linux bootloaders, which modify MBR, don't need it. But we have to keep in mind that the Palm BIOS rules the boot process. Do you know the conditions for a bootable flash card within the Palm ? Why use "vfat", unless the PALM boot needs it ? I found this site with informations to your project. It seems, that booting has to start with a hard reset, or how do you understand it ?
Of course booting w/o the SD card, where the Linux OS resides, would be nonsense.
"linux.boot.cfg" on the "handheld"-site differs systematically from your version. With their version , "cocoboot" has to know, how to mount which devices and gets as information, the names of the resources at a given mountpoint ("$FILES_MNT" is a variable, containing a path to the SD card content, which "cocoboot" configured). Your cfg-file gives device names, "cocoboot" uses to get the SD card mounted. The names and locations of the image file and the swap partition are therefore fix and may not be changed, unless "cocoboot" scans for a file pattern ("ext2", "swap") within a longer file/path name. Both ways have their traps.

Your new "linux.boot.cfg" would look like this (keep in mind, that Linux is case-sensitive !) :

#!/bin/sh (-)
SWAP_DEV=$FILES_MNT/swap
ROOT_DEV=$FILES_MNT/new_image.ext2

Perhaps you test it .

Regards
cmdr

44 (edited by Zam478 2009-01-11 22:49:13)

Some of that I didn't get, but most of it I did, I will try the new linux.boot.cfg. That is the site that I got the instructions from, well, actually, it was this site: http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/PalmTungstenE2. That is the instructions for my Palm. Also, a hard reset is when the Palm OS resets ALL data back to factory conditions. Palm must use the vfat file type becuase it comes w/ a format option in one app. This formats the card to a vfat partition.
Thanks!
~ Zam478
P.S. The instructions you were looking at are instructions on how to port Linux to a Palm Lifedrive, the only Palm that has an internal HDD. The rest (like my Tungsten E2) have Non-Volatile Flash memory. Approx. 30MB on mine. Which is nowhere near large enough for the .ext2 file.
P.S.S. I was looking over the instructions, and I think I see where you get Hard Reset from. You do this if you reset your Lifedrive (that's how you get out of Linux and back to Palm OS) and you come up w/ a 'Fatal Error' message. In with case you would preform a Hard Reset to, like I said before, reset ALL data back to factory conditions. Basicly a "Factory Reset" for you Palm just in case your OS files are corrupt. IDK where it gets its new OS files, I would have to guess from an Off Limits space in it's memory where it stores a backup of the OS.

I also have one question. What is the initrd? I looked it up on some wiki and saw that a newer "version" of that is initramfs, I think... You never know if wiki's are true or not. The lifedrive tutorial must be a newer one becuase the Tungsten E2 on uses an initrd.
~Zam478
P.S. I just found my initrd online somewhere becuase it didn't look like there where different kinds. That might be another problem I will have later. If you know anything that might help with that, please, let me know!
P.S.S. I just noticed that I'm like number 9-10 on the User List, # of Posts!

I yeah, I just noticed, four more posts after this one and we're on a 3rd page!

Here is how far they are on the E2 Status: http://www.handhelds.org/moin/moin.cgi/ … enE2Status

48 (edited by cmdr 2009-01-13 03:07:57)

Hello Zam478,

I did not realize, that the Linux kernel does NOT mount the ext2-file (which is a drive image) during boot, but needs the contained files ready on the ext2-partition of your SD card before. You had it in your instructions ! Seeing the small amount of memory, your Palm offers, there is no other way. Therefore I hope, you did not omit (with a Terminal window under "Puppy Linux") to mount the ext2-file and copy all contained files to the ext2-partition of your SD card. Ergo, the line "ROOT_DEV=$FILES_MNT/new_image.ext2" in my new "linux.boot.cfg" probably shows a path and not a "canonical" file name, as I assumed, because file "new_image.ext2" is not directly copied to the SD card. In other words : this line is most likely false. You better keep your version.

"initrd" stands for (Linux) init_ial R_AM d_isk. Imagine a bootable floppy, where some basic operations are done (hardware detection etc.), before the actual Linux distro gets started (as last task) and takes over. These two steps may also be integrated in one disk image. There are also reasons to keep it separated. Think of an older PC, which is equipped with USB, but cannot boot from USB stick. Let (small) "initrd" (installed on the HDD) scan for USB devices, mount them and start the (huge) Linux distro from there ( I do so with my old "experimental" laptop and "GParted").

I just found my initrd online somewhere becuase it didn't look like there where different kinds. That might be another problem I will have later. If you know anything that might help with that, please, let me know!

"initrd" is not quite independent of the distro, it initializes. You see it with "Gparted": the size differs from version to version. But maybe, if it is for Tungsten Palms, it's always the same. I have no information about that.

Palm must use the vfat file type becuase it comes w/ a format option in one app. This formats the card to a vfat partition.

Did you ever format a SD card with the Palm (so that one could have a look with "GParted" on the "vfat"- Volume Boot record, it creates ... and expects)?

Regards
cmdr

PS: You should perhaps think about a new title for this thread (YOU can change it by editing your first post), because "GParted on CD" was only the first obstacle, you had to surmount, or would you look for a detailed instruction, on how to get a Palm execute "Opie", under this headline ?

Good idea to rename it. Also, this takes me back to the beginning with the linux.boot.cfg. Also, I have no idea whether the initrd I have is for the Tungsten or not. I just googled it. It has a way to make your own, but I have no idea how to use that software. All of this is on the instructions page I gave you. And yes, before I used GParted to format the card, I formatted it on the Palm, which showed up as FAT16 on GParted. But I don't know what you mean 'look with Gparted', do you mean use GParted on the palm? Please clarify.

50 (edited by cmdr 2009-01-14 03:09:47)

Hello Zam478,

But I don't know what you mean 'look with Gparted', do you mean use GParted on the palm? Please clarify.

No, "GParted" never gets installed on a Palm ! The latest versions of "GParted" come with a built-in Hexadecimal Editor for Boot records. It's a little bit hidden, but I know the author ... it's me. "Look with GParted" means to attach the SD Card to the PC, where "Gparted" is running, start "MC_HxEd" (right-click anywhere on the Desktop - > "Fluxbox" opens; choose "File/System utils" - "MC_HxEd") and store the selected Boot Records permanently to a USB stick (gets mounted per wizard; you just have to plug it in upon request).  MBR and PBRs of the SD card are interesting, just double click on its device name, e.g. sda (=MBR), sda1(=PBR1),... and close the opening windows). I suspect that the vfat-PBR got overwritten by "GParted". Otherwise "Gparted" is  recommended to do the partitioning of the SD card, so that should not be an issue. But who knows ? Perhaps it would be safer, to format the vfat partition afterwards with the Palm a second time. I always had to do it, to get a bootable multipartitioned Windows USB stick. But your print-outs show, that the Boot process is running, therefore its practically proven, that it works. It's more of academic interest.

I just did a longer research for information about the boot process of your Palm. "Cocoboot" is a program running under Palm OS, i.e. you launch it from the ordinary Palm desktop. When running, it disables the Palm OS, reboots and starts the initial Linux kernel. The latter launches "Opie". What is not quite clear is, whether "initrd.gz" is necessary or not. I found a statement, that a standard version is integrated in kernel image "zImage". You only need it externally, if you want to customize it ( "initrd.gz" is not mentioned within the "How To" !). You also have the option to configure "cocoboot" with text file "cocoboot.conf". I found a sample file, which also showed the default values, if this file does not exist. This is an important information, because you are not free to choose names or alter the partitioning, unless you use this file.

Furthermore, I mounted "new_image.ext2" (under "Puppy Linux", which is BTW recommended for that purpose by the Palm guys :-)) ). I doubt, whether you did it the right way. The instruction showed the code "mount -o loop new_image.ext2 <temp>", where "<temp>" is a placeholder, not a variable, which you have to replace by an existing folder. If it does not exist, you have to create it before.
This would do the job :

mkdir /mnt/ext2
mount -o loop /root/my-documents/new_image.ext2 /mnt/ext2

Then you have to copy the whole structure within "/mnt/ext2" to the "ext2"-partition of your SD card.
( Two file manager windows; drag source ("/mnt/ext2"; do not copy folder "ext2", open it and "Select All" !), drop to second window (choose "Copy", not "Move", if something goes wrong; target "/mnt/sd.3"; "." stands for a letter). I assume, you had no problems with the "vfat"-partition, otherwise booting would not have gone so far as it already had.

Nevertheless, I show you the treeview of both structures :

VFAT

(VFAT Root)
¦   linux.boot.cfg
¦   zImage
¦   
+---PALM
    +---Launcher
            cocoboot

EXT2 (no files shown, this would be too huge !)

(EXT2 Root)
+---bin
+---boot
+---dev
+---etc
¦   +---alternatives
¦   +---apm
¦   ¦   +---event.d
¦   ¦   +---other.d
¦   ¦   +---resume.d
¦   ¦   +---scripts.d
¦   ¦   +---suspend.d
¦   +---avahi
¦   ¦   +---services
¦   +---bluetooth
¦   +---dbus-1
¦   ¦   +---system.d
¦   +---default
¦   ¦   +---volatiles
¦   +---dropbear
¦   +---fonts
¦   ¦   +---conf.avail
¦   ¦   +---conf.d
¦   +---init.d
¦   +---ipkg
¦   +---modutils
¦   +---network
¦   ¦   +---if-down.d
¦   ¦   +---if-post-down.d
¦   ¦   +---if-pre-up.d
¦   ¦   +---if-up.d
¦   +---pcmcia
¦   +---ppp
¦   ¦   +---ip-down.d
¦   ¦   +---ip-up.d
¦   ¦   +---peers
¦   +---profile.d
¦   +---rc0.d
¦   +---rc1.d
¦   +---rc2.d
¦   +---rc3.d
¦   +---rc4.d
¦   +---rc5.d
¦   +---rc6.d
¦   +---rcS.d
¦   +---skel
¦   +---sysconfig
¦   +---terminfo
¦   ¦   +---a
¦   ¦   +---d
¦   ¦   +---l
¦   ¦   +---r
¦   ¦   +---s
¦   ¦   +---v
¦   ¦   +---x
¦   +---udev
¦   ¦   +---rules.d
¦   ¦   +---scripts
¦   +---udhcpc.d
¦   +---wpa_supplicant
+---home
¦   +---root
+---lib
¦   +---.debug
¦   +---firmware
¦   +---modules
¦   ¦   +---2.6.21-hnd2
¦   ¦       +---kernel
¦   ¦           +---crypto
¦   ¦           +---drivers
¦   ¦           ¦   +---bluetooth
¦   ¦           ¦   +---pcmcia
¦   ¦           +---net
¦   ¦           ¦   +---bluetooth
¦   ¦           ¦   ¦   +---bnep
¦   ¦           ¦   ¦   +---hidp
¦   ¦           ¦   ¦   +---rfcomm
¦   ¦           ¦   +---ieee80211
¦   ¦           +---sound
¦   ¦               +---core
¦   ¦                   +---oss
¦   +---udev
+---lost+found
+---media
¦   +---card
¦   +---cf
¦   +---hdd
¦   +---mmc1
¦   +---net
¦   +---ram
¦   +---realroot
¦   +---union
+---mnt
¦   +---.psplash
+---opt
¦   +---QtPalmtop
¦       +---apps
¦       ¦   +---1Pim
¦       ¦   +---Applications
¦       ¦   +---Examples
¦       ¦   +---Games
¦       ¦   +---Opie-SH
¦       ¦   +---Python
¦       ¦   +---Settings
¦       +---bin
¦       ¦   +---.debug
¦       +---etc
¦       ¦   +---colors
¦       ¦   +---keytabs
¦       ¦   +---qimpen
¦       ¦   +---skel
¦       +---help
¦       ¦   +---en
¦       ¦       +---html
¦       +---i18n
¦       ¦   +---cz
¦       +---lib
¦       ¦   +---.debug
¦       ¦   +---xmms
¦       ¦       +---Effect
¦       ¦       +---General
¦       ¦       ¦   +---.debug
¦       ¦       +---Input
¦       ¦       +---Output
¦       ¦       +---skin
¦       +---pics
¦       ¦   +---addressbook
¦       ¦   +---advancedfm
¦       ¦   +---appearance
¦       ¦   +---backup
¦       ¦   +---bluetoothapplet
¦       ¦   +---brightnessapplet
¦       ¦   +---buttonsettings
¦       ¦   +---citytime
¦       ¦   +---clock
¦       ¦   +---console
¦       ¦   ¦   +---keys
¦       ¦   +---datebook
¦       ¦   +---devicebuttons
¦       ¦   +---doctab
¦       ¦   +---drawpad
¦       ¦   +---glider
¦       ¦   +---hexatrolic
¦       ¦   +---irdaapplet
¦       ¦   +---justreader
¦       ¦   +---launcher
¦       ¦   +---launchersettings
¦       ¦   +---lightandpower
¦       ¦   +---logo
¦       ¦   +---mahjongg
¦       ¦   +---mediummount
¦       ¦   +---memory
¦       ¦   +---mime
¦       ¦   +---netsystemtime
¦       ¦   +---Network
¦       ¦   +---networksettings
¦       ¦   +---obex
¦       ¦   +---opie-eye
¦       ¦   +---opie-reader
¦       ¦   +---opie-sheet
¦       ¦   +---opie-write
¦       ¦   +---opieirc
¦       ¦   +---opietooth
¦       ¦   +---osearch
¦       ¦   +---packagemanager
¦       ¦   +---pcmcia
¦       ¦   +---pdamaze
¦       ¦   +---qpdf
¦       ¦   +---RoH
¦       ¦   ¦   +---star
¦       ¦   +---screenshotapplet
¦       ¦   +---security
¦       ¦   +---sokoban
¦       ¦   +---sysinfo
¦       ¦   +---textedit
¦       ¦   +---today
¦       ¦   +---todo
¦       ¦   +---tron
¦       +---plugins
¦       ¦   +---applets
¦       ¦   ¦   +---.debug
¦       ¦   +---application
¦       ¦   +---decorations
¦       ¦   +---fontfactories
¦       ¦   +---holidays
¦       ¦   +---inputmethods
¦       ¦   +---networksettings
¦       ¦   +---obex
¦       ¦   +---reader
¦       ¦   ¦   +---codecs
¦       ¦   ¦   +---data
¦       ¦   ¦   +---filters
¦       ¦   ¦   +---outcodecs
¦       ¦   ¦   +---support
¦       ¦   +---security
¦       ¦   +---styles
¦       ¦   +---today
¦       ¦       +---.debug
¦       +---share
¦       ¦   +---multikey
¦       ¦   +---sysinfo
¦       +---sounds
¦           +---irdaapplet
+---proc
+---sbin
¦   +---.debug
+---sys
+---tmp
+---usr
¦   +---bin
¦   ¦   +---.debug
¦   +---etc
¦   ¦   +---mplayer
¦   +---games
¦   +---include
¦   ¦   +---arpa
¦   ¦   +---asm
¦   ¦   +---asm-generic
¦   ¦   +---bits
¦   ¦   +---gnu
¦   ¦   +---libpng12
¦   ¦   +---linux
¦   ¦   ¦   +---byteorder
¦   ¦   ¦   +---dvb
¦   ¦   ¦   +---hdlc
¦   ¦   ¦   +---isdn
¦   ¦   ¦   +---netfilter
¦   ¦   ¦   +---netfilter_arp
¦   ¦   ¦   +---netfilter_bridge
¦   ¦   ¦   +---netfilter_ipv4
¦   ¦   ¦   +---netfilter_ipv6
¦   ¦   ¦   +---nfsd
¦   ¦   ¦   +---raid
¦   ¦   ¦   +---sunrpc
¦   ¦   ¦   +---tc_act
¦   ¦   +---mtd
¦   ¦   +---net
¦   ¦   +---netash
¦   ¦   +---netatalk
¦   ¦   +---netax25
¦   ¦   +---neteconet
¦   ¦   +---netinet
¦   ¦   +---netipx
¦   ¦   +---netpacket
¦   ¦   +---netrom
¦   ¦   +---netrose
¦   ¦   +---nfs
¦   ¦   +---protocols
¦   ¦   +---qpe
¦   ¦   +---qte
¦   ¦   +---qtopia
¦   ¦   ¦   +---private
¦   ¦   +---rdma
¦   ¦   +---rpc
¦   ¦   +---rpcsvc
¦   ¦   +---scsi
¦   ¦   +---sound
¦   ¦   +---sys
¦   ¦   +---video
¦   +---lib
¦   ¦   +---.debug
¦   ¦   +---bluetooth
¦   ¦   ¦   +---.debug
¦   ¦   +---gconv
¦   ¦   ¦   +---.debug
¦   ¦   +---glib-2.0
¦   ¦   ¦   +---include
¦   ¦   +---ipkg
¦   ¦   ¦   +---alternatives
¦   ¦   ¦   +---info
¦   ¦   ¦   +---lists
¦   ¦   +---mc
¦   ¦   ¦   +---.debug
¦   ¦   +---pkgconfig
¦   ¦   +---ts
¦   ¦   ¦   +---.debug
¦   ¦   +---X11
¦   +---libexec
¦   ¦   +---getconf
¦   +---sbin
¦   ¦   +---.debug
¦   +---share
¦   ¦   +---alsa
¦   ¦   ¦   +---cards
¦   ¦   ¦   ¦   +---SI7018
¦   ¦   ¦   +---pcm
¦   ¦   +---apmd
¦   ¦   +---avahi
¦   ¦   ¦   +---introspection
¦   ¦   +---base-passwd
¦   ¦   +---common-licenses
¦   ¦   +---dbus-1
¦   ¦   ¦   +---services
¦   ¦   +---dict
¦   ¦   +---doc
¦   ¦   +---fonts
¦   ¦   ¦   +---truetype
¦   ¦   +---glib-2.0
¦   ¦   ¦   +---gettext
¦   ¦   ¦       +---po
¦   ¦   +---info
¦   ¦   +---ipkg
¦   ¦   ¦   +---intercept
¦   ¦   +---man
¦   ¦   +---mc
¦   ¦   ¦   +---extfs
¦   ¦   ¦   +---syntax
¦   ¦   +---misc
¦   ¦   +---screen
¦   ¦   ¦   +---utf8encodings
¦   ¦   +---t1lib
¦   ¦   +---tabset
¦   ¦   +---terminfo
¦   ¦   ¦   +---1
¦   ¦   ¦   +---2
¦   ¦   ¦   +---3
¦   ¦   ¦   +---4
¦   ¦   ¦   +---5
¦   ¦   ¦   +---6
¦   ¦   ¦   +---7
¦   ¦   ¦   +---8
¦   ¦   ¦   +---9
¦   ¦   ¦   +---A
¦   ¦   ¦   +---a
¦   ¦   ¦   +---b
¦   ¦   ¦   +---c
¦   ¦   ¦   +---d
¦   ¦   ¦   +---E
¦   ¦   ¦   +---e
¦   ¦   ¦   +---f
¦   ¦   ¦   +---g
¦   ¦   ¦   +---h
¦   ¦   ¦   +---i
¦   ¦   ¦   +---j
¦   ¦   ¦   +---k
¦   ¦   ¦   +---L
¦   ¦   ¦   +---l
¦   ¦   ¦   +---M
¦   ¦   ¦   +---m
¦   ¦   ¦   +---N
¦   ¦   ¦   +---n
¦   ¦   ¦   +---o
¦   ¦   ¦   +---P
¦   ¦   ¦   +---p
¦   ¦   ¦   +---Q
¦   ¦   ¦   +---q
¦   ¦   ¦   +---r
¦   ¦   ¦   +---s
¦   ¦   ¦   +---t
¦   ¦   ¦   +---u
¦   ¦   ¦   +---v
¦   ¦   ¦   +---w
¦   ¦   ¦   +---X
¦   ¦   ¦   +---x
¦   ¦   ¦   +---z
¦   ¦   +---udhcpc
¦   ¦   +---X11
¦   ¦   +---zoneinfo
¦   ¦       +---America
¦   ¦       +---Asia
¦   ¦       +---Australia
¦   ¦       +---Europe
¦   +---src
+---var
    +---backups
    +---lib
    ¦   +---misc
    +---local
    +---spool
    +---volatile
        +---cache
        ¦   +---fontconfig
        +---lock
        ¦   +---subsys
        +---log
        +---run
        ¦   +---wpa_supplicant
        +---tmp

Regards
cmdr

PS: Good new title, but "Gparted" should be mentioned ( "..., using GParted"), otherwise we might be kicked out !