1 (edited by bunta 2007-07-19 22:37:13)

Topic: Problem with GParted-Clonezilla Multi Boot

Hi there, I hope I've come to the right forum to post this...

I've created a multi boot cd that uses Easy Boot to create an iso. The CD boots up to a selection menu where I then choose to load the GParted-Clonezilla image. The CD works fine for loading GParted however when I try to run Clonezilla it does not work.

The problem is because when the system boots into the linux kernel it sees all of the files on the cd with lower case file names. This causes a problem because of the script /etc/rc2.d/S99start-ocs-live which calls two scripts on the cd using the following function:

#!/bin/bash
# This script will run those scripts in dir /live_media/ocs-live.d
[ ! -d "/live_media/ocs-live.d/" ] && exit 1
for script in /live_media/ocs-live.d/S[0-9][0-9]*; do
  . $script
done

the cd files are mounted to /live_media/ and because the linux kernel sees all of the files on the cd as lower case the two scripts in the /live_media/ocs-live.d/ folder do not run.

The CD was edited with UltraISO in windows to create the file system and add the files to it with the easyboot menu and if I open the cd up within windows All the files show the correct case (both upper and lower case) however once the linux kernel boots they are all lower case.

I've tried saving the CD with all the different options I could in UltraISO (using Joliet standard and extended, RockRidge, UDF etc) but none of them seem to work.

If I boot the CD up and run the scripts manually from the prompt that comes up it works fine, but I would like to get it to work how it is supposed to.

I've tried editing the script that runs in the /etc/rc2.d/ folder that calls the other files to the following:

#!/bin/bash
# This script will run those scripts in dir /live_media/ocs-live.d
[ ! -d "/live_media/ocs-live.d/" ] && exit 1
for script in /live_media/ocs-live.d/[sS][0-9][0-9]*; do
  . $script
done

and then going back to runlevel 2 and everything boots up perfectly, however all the system files are contained within filesystem.squashfs (I think) and I cannot edit them very easily to change the above script on my cd.

Is it possible to change the script that runs above in the GParted-Clonezilla iso download so that it would work properly (since I can't figure out how to edit the squashfs file easily)? Or does anyone else have an idea of how I can get this to work?

2 (edited by bunta 2007-07-27 04:52:46)

Re: Problem with GParted-Clonezilla Multi Boot

OK, I've managed to fix the problem.

By selecting the Joliet tick box when creating the iso with EasyBoot the iso would come out with both cases in it.

You then have to open the iso up with UltraISO and select "Allow lower case" in the iso properties and save it again.

This then works perfectly for me.

EDIT: changing the CD filesystem in this way may have worked fine for GParted-Clonezilla, however it also stopped my Bart PE image from booting.... Back to the drawing board sad

EDIT2: OK, all fixed now. All I did was to use mkisofs to build the iso image instead of using easyboot using the following command line switches:

mkisofs.exe -iso-level 4 -volid "DiskName" -b loader.bin -J -R -joliet-long -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -o "PathToOutputImage.iso" "PathToEasybootSourceFiles"

and make sure you copy the loader.bin file from the ezboot folder into the parent folder with all the source files.