1 (edited by Jack3845 2007-07-16 06:49:36)

Topic: Black Screen Half Way Through

My screen goes black a little bit after it asks me what language I want to use

My monitor then says this after it goes black

Input signal out of range

Change settings to 1280x1024 -60Hz

My settings are already 1280x1024 -60Hz

if you need anymore info to help just ask

Edit-My graphics card is

ATI Radeon x1300 Pro

Re: Black Screen Half Way Through

I hope you use the latest liveCD (version 0.3.4-8). You can try the previous one, 0.3.4-7.

Did this happen with the default (first) boot option? (autoconfig)
If it is so, you can try the other boot options in the initial boot menu. Especially the option "old config method" (4rth line in the 0.3.4-8), and "Force VESA driver".

The message "Input signal out of range" comes from the monitor itself and means that it can synchronize with the graphics card signal.
You can try to press "control+alt+backspace", and then you would come back to a text terminal screen. There, you can enter the command "Forcevideo" (attention to the capital F: case sensitive).
You will be asked for a graphics driver to use, from a long list. There are options for ati and radeon.
Next, you enter the resolution to use, or press enter for default choice. In that case, the choice is the maximum supported, but you can enter a "safer" choice, like 800x600 or 1024x768.

In avy case, you can reboot the computer from the text screen with the command "reboot".

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

I did the old config method and i chose my driver and my resolution

after I chose both of those this error comes up

Fatal Server Error
No screens found
XI0- Fatal I0 Error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server ":O.O" after 0 requests (0 known processes) with 0 events remaining

I did the force vesa driver also i got to where you can partition what you want but my mouse wont work so I cant do anything

So you can use the vesa driver.

About the mouse, often we can solve the problem by connecting a standard ps2 mouse instead of usb, or even the usb mouse to the ps2 port through an adapter. Logitech mice can usually work both as USB and ps2, and have the adapter in the box.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***