Topic: Different directory listing between documentation and mounted iso file

Hi, I just downloaded the gparted-livecd-0.3.4-8.iso file and I want to be able to burn it into cd for CD-booting and install it on to my harddisk. So I'm referring to the http://gparted.sourceforge.net/larry/li … oot_hd.htm page to read about how to do the latter.  I mount the iso file to /mnt/distro/gparted but I find different listing between what I read from the docs and what I have.

The docs says:

patrick@gparted:~/iso$ ls
gparted isolinux

And what I have is:

# mount -t iso9660 -o loop gparted-livecd-0.3.4-8.iso /mnt/distro/gparted
# cd /mnt/distro/gparted
# pwd
/mnt/distro/gparted
# ls
boot/ gparted.dat syslinux

I tent to think that boot (mine) is equal to gparted (docs) and syslinux (mine) is equal to isolinux (docs). Is it safe to think so? Also, the docs suggests to copy all contents of mounted iso to a partition. And I want to copy mine to existing /boot directory (which is on its own partition). But there's already a 'boot' directory there, and 'grub' directory beneath it while my 'gparted/boot' also contains 'grub' directory.

# ls /boot
boot/
... and other files
# ls /boot/grub
device.map
grub.conf
... and other files

Reading the docs further, it shows a lilo.conf example:

image= /mnt/windows/isolinux/linux
label = GParted
initrd = /mnt/windows/isolinux/initrd.g
append = "init=/linuxrc"
root = /dev/ram0
ramdisk=65000

But I don't have a 'linux' (the kernel?) and initrd.g (init ram disk?) files in both 'boot' and 'syslinux' directories. What I have instead are:

# ls boot
boot.cat
gparted
gparted.igz
grub/
help.msg
memtest86
# ls syslinux
boot.msg
options.msg
splash.lss
syslinux.cfg

So can I assume that in my case, the kernel is gparted and the initrd is gparted.igz? And I plan to configure lilo for gparted as following (assumed that I have done: 'cp -r /mnt/distro/gparted/* /boot'):

image= /boot/gparted
label = GParted
initrd = /boot/gparted.igz
append = "init=/linuxrc"
root = /dev/ram0
ramdisk=65000

Can I do that? What else to put on the GParted entry in the lilo.conf to correctly boot gparted?

Thank you very much in advance.
-- san