Topic: NTFS Resize Problem on HP Server

I'm trying to resize two partitions (6Gb and 65Gb) on a HP DL320 server that has one SATA drive in a RAID0.  GParted starts fine and I can see the drive and the two partitions.  I first try to resize the 65Gb partition down to 8Gb and I get the following error:

ntfsrezie v1.13.1.1 (libntfs9:0:0)
ERROR (16) Opening '/dev/hda2' as NTFS failed.  Device or resource busy.  This software has detected that NTFS volume is already opened by another software thus it refuses to progress to preserve data consistency. 

I tried running ntfsresize --info --force --force /dev/hda2 and it responds back with the correct information. 

I also tried to mount the partition using ntfs-3g and I got the error that the mount failed because the device was busy. 

Cheyne

2 (edited by class413 2007-06-26 12:22:46)

Re: NTFS Resize Problem on HP Server

Do you run the LiveCD or any installed version or gparted? Do you have any other O.S. in the computer?
It seems that the latest version of the LiveCD supports RAID.

*** It is highly recommended to backup any important files before doing resize/move operations. ***

I'm using LiveCD v3.4-7.  I can see the drives okay and when I run the tried using the command prompt I first tried a simulation and it works, but when I try to resize I get the volume is in use or busy.

Cheyne

I'm not sure if CheyneD will see this reply or not (I'm guessing his problem has been solved by now) but I ran into the exact same problem using Gparted 0.3.4-8.  I had an older version of GParted lying around and sure enough that worked without any issues.  I used 0.2.5 which can be found here: http://sourceforge.net/project/showfile … _id=417133