Topic: LiveCD Boot Issues

Hello all, I have used GParted LiveCD many times on various systems without problems, however on this particular machine I seem to have a problem that I cannot get around. When I burn an ISO copy of the GParted file, I get a message immediately on boot that says PRESS A KEY TO REBOOT. There is only a small amount of activity from the CD drive on boot (probably reading the boot records); clearly it's reading the Linux kernal. At first I thought my problem was due to the fact that I was using a CD-RW, but once I burned it to a plain CD-R, I had the same result. My next step was to download the last 8 versions of LiveCD and attempt to see if I was getting a "bad version." Each one of those downloaded had the identical issue. In case there is any question, the specs for this PC are as follows:

ASUS P4B533-E MB
Pentium Celeron 478 2.4 GHz 533 MHz FSB
1.5 GB DDR RAM PC-3200
80 GB IDE WD HD
120 GB SATA HD attached to SIIG SC-SAT212-S4 3512 SATALink Controller
ATI Radeon 9600
Sony DVD+-RW Drive

The purpose on this system of using the GParted will be to copy the partition from the 80 GB to the 120 GB SATA drive as it will be much faster. However, it seems that I can't even seem to load the program to accomplish this. Any help would be great. Thanks!

Re: LiveCD Boot Issues

Just to see if this come from the sio-built ...
Could you still download and burn sysreccd here : http://www.sysresccd.org/Download
It is quite similar to GParted-livecd, but the graphical mode.

And tell me if it rocks ....

Larry
GParted-project Admin
Former GParted-LiveCD maintainer (2007)